Vengeance is Mine NAD!!!

• Thread starter JoshuaVonFlash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
Got this from Ebay for $637 pretty good deal, I got this to replace (I'll explain that in a bit) my Blackstar Artisan 100 and I love that amp to bits but it had two problems:

1. It being a plexi amp it's REALLY loud, I couldn't get it past 1 before it my ears started buzzing.
2. It didn't have an effects loop, and with me about to begin recording with the Line 6 HD Pro X I had to get an amp with one. So with my birthday coming up I was originally going to sell the amp to Sam Ash but my dad wanted me to keep it and did one of the coolest things I can't thank even thank him enough for, he "bought it" from me for $1,000:bowdown: so I could keep both amps. I looked around on ebay for amps with that have variable wattages and found a Rivera Mick Thompson Sig, but it was too expensive so I searched on and found some Mesa's but they were just a tad bit out of my price range, so I found a Jet city HDM 100 and it could go to 50 Watts and I found an Egnater Vengeance and I was just in love with the sounds I heard on Youtube and the looks of the amp. Channel one can go from surf rock with the volume lowered and some built-in reverb (volume on this amp makes a HUGE difference in tone) and with the volume higher you get a hot rodded Marshall sound and there are these little switches for each channel to do even more which include a tight, an extra gain (works as a boost), an extra mids( can be used to scoop or add), and a bright switch, these add so much more to the two channels it offers. Channel two can go from a Dual Rec and with a little tweaking a tight Fireball type tone, it can even fatten up with the master volumes, presence, and density knobs to a huge Marshall 410 tone as well. I've only had about two hours to really play it so, I've barely scratched the surface of what it can do, this and the Fernandes Ravelle I got have made for an awesome birthday, and now some pics!
20131125_153706.jpg

20131125_153726.jpg

20131125_153738.jpg

20131125_153751.jpg

20131125_153803.jpg

20131125_154054.jpg

20131125_154045.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
I used to have one of those, but I eventually went back to Blackstar with my series one.

They sure as .... sound amazing though, just not as aggressive as I would have liked.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
^ Your vid on here was the one that helped sway me to get one :lol:

hahah thanks dude. That's awesome. I liked it because it had a really nice low end punch, like that of a cranked hot rodded plexi. However live it was just too much amp (way to loud), and I wasn't really digging it as far as serious death metal tone goes.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
hahah thanks dude. That's awesome. I liked it because it had a really nice low end punch, like that of a cranked hot rodded plexi. I wasn't really digging it as far as serious death metal tone goes.
^ I love that hot rodded Marshall sound it's big and loose sounding and has good mids. As for the a Death Metal sound a EQ and an OD might get it there, something I'll have to try out.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Happy NAD! I sure as hell love mine!

P.S. - people say it can't do DM, but I've figured out the secret to the Vengeance is brighter speakers. V30s are fairly dark sounding, or just all around smoother in the upper mids/highs than something like a GT12-75

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
Blaspherner I noticed you switched channels a few times, that's one of the things I love about this amp it has so much packed in to two channels but the footswitch sort of adds like two more with the options it brings. And to will shred I think part of the reason you didn't get a good Death Metal tone is because you didn't crank the volume(it being to loud is the reason you sold it) to drive it, plexi style.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm super all about this amp. A great souding (and versatile) drive channel, a beautiful clean channel, a mid switch (I boost mids for Solos), and a second master volume. Also, the reverb on the amp itself is GREAT, and I've since retired my EHX cathedral over it.

And, if you use the TS on the clean channel, it almost makes it a 3rd crunch channel (tone at the end of the video).

Haters hate on this amp (hard), but I don't really care. It sounds good to me, and I can get it at a decent price.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
I think a lot of "bad" amps get that reputation because tube amps really open when they're cranked and when people try them out, they're usually in a shop or a Guitarcenter where people might get a bit annoyed if you play to loud.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
')