Vengeance is Mine NAD!!!

• Thread starter JoshuaVonFlash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sefloval

Reaction score
Wow, bummer Debbie Downer came in and pissed all over your new amp day. I played that amp several times and really liked it. Congrats and happy new amp day!
I've owned my Egnater Tweaker 15 head for 3 years now with not a single issue. Egnater amps are solid and Bruce builds great stuff.
Enjoy.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Pretty sure the 5150/6505 is regarded as being a notoriously hissy amp...haha. Good thing he got a decimator for his 6505. :lol:

Anyway, grats on the amp! I'd really like to try one in person.

rebornself27

Reaction score
Since I dom't have a microphone, the only way I can possibly upload clips is with my Tascam DR-05, it's not ideal but I'll give it a shot.

Cool man looking forward to it.I always wanted to give the vengeance another try from the bad experience at guitarcenter just felt rushed from the floor rep and he wouldnt let us crank it enough to really open the amp up

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
Cool man looking forward to it.I always wanted to give the vengeance another try from the bad experience at guitarcenter just felt rushed from the floor rep and he wouldnt let us crank it enough to really open the amp up
The Clips will be uploaded to SoundCloud tomorrow, so I can crank the amp, I used two crates and leaned my DR-05 against the top speaker in the cab and it sounded pretty good at low volumes, so it'll be even better cranked:hbang:.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
*Update* The Tascam isn't really meant to be used for quality recordings, it's used to get a basic idea recorded, pretty much the clips I uploaded to Soundcloud sound like crap, but if you really want to hear them I'll post them if you'd like. This has made me aware that I'm in need of MUCH better recording gear so I'll add that to my gear list behind the Pod HD Pro X.

rebornself27

Reaction score
*Update* The Tascam isn't really meant to be used for quality recordings, it's used to get a basic idea recorded, pretty much the clips I uploaded to Soundcloud sound like crap, but if you really want to hear them I'll post them if you'd like. This has made me aware that I'm in need of MUCH better recording gear so I'll add that to my gear list behind the Pod HD Pro X.

I hear ya i have a list im adding to every day lol :hbang:

Chris_ONiP

Reaction score
HNAD! If the Vengeance is anything like the Armageddon, it is biased super cold from the factory. I used to complain about the brittle gain but after re-biasing over the weekend she now sings. Every bit as fat and saturated as my 6505+

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
^ Like I sad earlier a lot of "bad" amps get that rep because people aren't willing to play with them or experiment, same when people say they hate the Axe Fx or other modelers.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
To each his own, I enjoy it.

it's better then when I talked about my amp, he tried to tell me that my ears were not functioning correctly because I liked the amp. Then cursed me out via PM, because I like that amp. :lol:

Chris_ONiP

Reaction score
it's better then when I talked about my amp, he tried to tell me that my ears were not functioning correctly because I liked the amp. Then cursed me out via PM, because I like that amp. :lol:

He did the same thing to me a while back. He was saying that the Vengeance/Armageddon absolutely under no circumstances works with V30's and anyone who thought otherwise was crazy and should go get their hearing checked. Apparently his "studio" friend agrees with him. I told him tone is subjective. He cussed me out. haha

My Armageddon sounds monstrous through my Orange 4x12

')