Very powerful Cisco Simulator

• Thread starter canuck brian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello fellow networking geeks.

I'm currently doing labs for my CCSP and I've recently been using GNS3 (available at GNS3).

It's one of the best router sims i've used allowing for pretty much everything under the moon if you've got the IOS's to emulate.

That being said, if someone needs an IOS to emulate, let me know which model of router you need it for and I'll email the IOS to you within a day.

Just as a heads up - it's somewhat of a memory pig as soon as you activate the IOS's in the sim. I'm running 3 GB of RAM in XP and the telnet/console sessions aren't sluggish.

If I could emulate the issues occuring with dealing with various telcos thru Canada and the US, this would be the ultimate sim.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thesimo

Reaction score
might just get this to be a total geek. Might help me understand how to set up my routers properly too..

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I like GNS3 a lot, it gets very CPU hoggy if you use the wrong devices (well, not so much wrong, just higher end and higher specced Cisco emulations), but I enjoyed using it. I'm currently studying for a CCNA, so it is very useful to me.

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
Im using it at work too. Very very useful tool. We used to have 10 routers and some switches in our workspace for dicking around and studying but that just takes up space, makes heat and is a pain to re-cable.
Just wish it could simulate switches too or does it now?
Im thinking Ill get my CCIE written one of these days. Still gotta finish up CCVP first.

')