Vetta II

• Thread starter hunter75
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hunter75

Reaction score
After much delegation I've settled on getting myself a Vetta II as the boys from Meshuggah have godly tones coming from those things so I was just asking what people thought of them or if anyones had any experience with the things cheers :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think the Vetta is badfuckingass. If I didn't have my HD147, I'd be using the Vetta, no doubt.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
meshuggah runs their VETTAs directly into the house PA. Unless that's what you're intending to do, then you should try one out through a cab. For running directlyinto a PA you might aswell get a POD X3, though.

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
meshuggah runs their VETTAs directly into the house PA. Unless that's what you're intending to do, then you should try one out through a cab. For running directlyinto a PA you might aswell get a POD X3, though.

They were on board with Vettas well before the X3 though, so it makes sense for them. I would have to agree though. If they ever make a PRO version of the POD with 2 amps at once (a rack mount Vetta essentially) it would be interesting to see if Meshuggah makes the switch.

Vettas are great amps though, but if you are new to modeling or Line 6 amps it can be a nightmare. Be prepared to tweak for long periods of time to get your tone right. There are just so many things you can do with a Vetta, like amp/cab combos, effects routing, etc., it will take some time to learn the ropes and figure out what you like. That being said, if you aren't afraid to spend some time with it I would go for it.

I personally opted for the HD147 over the vetta. I wish I had the 2 amps at once sometimes, but other than that I really don't need the bulk of everything else in there. If they release a Vetta III in the near future I might be tempted though.

hunter75

Reaction score
Cheers for the help, I basically wanted an amp that had everything from brutal distortion to trance like cleans, I've always been a bit cautious bout line 6 and what people have said about them, but since meshuggah uses them exclusively I can think nothing but good of the Vettas, all I need now is my ESP SC608B :shred:

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
The Mustaine amp was definitely cool looking, but it really can't do all that much.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
After much delegation

delegation - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

inigo.jpg

"That word you keep saying. I do not think it means... what you think it means." :vince:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:squint: Leave it alone. You love Line 6. Other people don't. Don't turn this into another one of those shitfests.

hunter75

Reaction score
Thanks for the grammatical help there chris lol, bullshit words is my speciallity, as for the Vetta i've still ben looking around on reviews of it and people have said alot of good stuff, so I think the money will be worth it, things other here cost a bomb for some reason..well I think so anyway, I've gotta just save up now for about 7 months to rasie about £2700, bagging myself a RR24, the vetta, cab and the floor pedal, tone costs too much :noplease:

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
Thanks for the grammatical help there chris lol, bullshit words is my speciallity, as for the Vetta i've still ben looking around on reviews of it and people have said alot of good stuff, so I think the money will be worth it, things other here cost a bomb for some reason..well I think so anyway, I've gotta just save up now for about 7 months to rasie about £2700, bagging myself a RR24, the vetta, cab and the floor pedal, tone costs too much :noplease:

You generally get what you pay for with musical equipment. Of course there are exceptions to that rule, but if you invest some good money in your tone you will be happy.

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
Vetta is a really cool amp, if your a tweeker you'll enjoy the hell out of it. If you want to save some money Get an old Vetta I that has been upgraded to the ver. 2.5 firmware and the new digital I/O board. It's exactly the same amp, no diffrence electrically only cosmetics.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
hey hunter, actually plugged into one yet? :p

hunter75

Reaction score
hey hunter, actually plugged into one yet? :p

Yup I have and loved the thing, I'm basically just a death metal guy with the occasional prog stuff thrown in so like I'm just after the brutal distortion, ambient cleans and screaming, glassy leads, so I'm not asking for much really ha :yesway:

Latest posts

')