VH140c?

• Thread starter Banana Wedgie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Banana Wedgie

Bored 13 year old
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been saving up, for a short while.

This is because I aim to buy a Gibson Explorer (because its among my favourite guitars, after the Ibanez VBT700 I found in perfect condition), however, an Ampeg Vh140c has cropped up, and I am now wandering - should I set myself back on the Gibson (to Christmas)?

I already have an 8200, and thats a beast. But should I get the VH140c, since Gibson Explorers are common and the Vh140c isn't?

Or should I be set to get the Gibson in October and see what comes out later in the year (used Randalls, Crates, ect.)?

Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Banana Wedgie

Bored 13 year old
Reaction score
Good guitars that feel right are harder to come across than good amplifiers.

Not in my case.

In my case, good guitars are quite easy to come across, whereas an amp with my tone, isn't.

So far, "good" amplifiers (for my tone) are about 10 maximum (most being Crate's VH140c clones and my 8200), then guitars, about 20 or 30. So far. I'm sure more will jump on the list, because I love ESP's, Gibson's, (certain) BC Rich's and Ibanez's.

Bevo

Reaction score
Can you try out the amp?
Once you do, it will either give you GAS or take it off your list.

Also consider if this is a rare amp that is in demand you will easily get your money back if you need to sell it.

Banana Wedgie

Bored 13 year old
Reaction score
jump on it cause its easy to sell anyways

Yeah, I suppose your right.

I've never seen one for sale in the UK so it'd get pounced on. Or maybe thats why we don't - because nobody over here wants one.

Makes me wander.

Can you try out the amp?
Once you do, it will either give you GAS or take it off your list.

Also consider if this is a rare amp that is in demand you will easily get your money back if you need to sell it.

Sort of. I've tried out the GT3500H, the only copy version that ever really goes for sale in the Uk, before, fell in love but somebody else got it before me.

xjasonhowellx81

Reaction score
Get the Ampeg. no questions asked.

they dont come up often, and like it was said, you could easily get rid of it if you wanted to.

I have one right now, and will probably never sell it.

Dehumanize

Banned
Reaction score
Those Ampegs are easy enough to fine in the USA if you have the money, but if they're really rare in the UK, then grab it while you can. I always have a problem finding guitars rather than amplifiers.

I've recently gotten the same amp, and it's really starting to grow on me. I attempted to play the old 5150 today, and within five minutes went back to the Ampeg. I'm going to try boosting it with a Boss OS-2 today instead of my normal overdrives and distortions.

')