VHT Pittbull UL Thoughts/Photos

• Thread starter zimbloth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Ninja Gaiden one off their official cd actually had me headbanging.

siggy14

Banned
Reaction score
See and I have heard just the opposite, the power ball and fireball are really cheaply made. I have read more then once on a forum of there cheap PCB's and having alot of trouble.

Traitor! :eek:

With reguards to someone saying that ENGL are more in the same field as Peavey or Marshall, I think that's half true, and I'd definetly compare the Fireball to a 5150. But some of the higher end ENGL definetly competes in the realms of VHT, Bogner, Diezel and higher end Mesa Boogie amps.

Take the Special Edition head for example, or the Invader. Not to mention any of the high end rackmount stuff.

If I was getting another amp, the Special Edition would be tops on my list. ;)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have heard that too but i had no problems with the Fireball. Sounded great and worked perfectly.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I think we're taking this thread off in a whole ENGL binge again (Usually happens when i'm talking about amps) so I'll shut up about it for now.

I'd love to hear more about the Pitbull, it sounds like an awesome amp. I usually dig amps that have their own inbuilt graphic EQ, I think that's why I love the Mesa Mark IV so much, an amp that I promised myself I'd buy if I ever got rich. You'll have to throw us up a few sound samples, or maybe even a video at some stage.

I just bought my Mark IV and I'm not rich :D You have every right to really like them though! I love it! A thread about it is still forthcoming though. I think every amp I buy from here on out will need a graphic EQ, which cuts things down to a Mark IV and a UL hahaa ... so zimbloth, any clips yet?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just bought my Mark IV and I'm not rich :D You have every right to really like them though! I love it! A thread about it is still forthcoming though. I think every amp I buy from here on out will need a graphic EQ, which cuts things down to a Mark IV and a UL hahaa ... so zimbloth, any clips yet?

Nope, there'll be clips when we start recording/re-amping which is imminent.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Could you please provide some death metal clips? For some reason this amp has me DROOLING, I just don't know how well it will work for what I do.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Could you please provide some death metal clips? For some reason this amp has me DROOLING, I just don't know how well it will work for what I do.

Well there's plenty of death metal elements to my riffing/songwriting eventhough we're not a dm band, so it should clue you in more than enough :yesway:

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
A co-worker has a Pitbull 100CL head, no EQ, with EL34's that sounds unreal. Tight as shit, one of the best tube heads I've heard. He might sell it soon, and I'm seriously thinking about scoring it somehow. And he's only selling it to fund the new top line VHT, he raves about these amps, so when I finally heard his, I was floored. Dig in with the pick and I had no trouble getting lots of djent. :D Chug, chug, chugadda-chug. :metal:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah if you like that, imagine with the EQ and the mighty KT88s :)

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
VHT rocks!

Here El Tano Marciellos use them, i listen to him live, and the amps are awsome.

But are freaking expensive.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Anyone ever contacted VHT by email before? How long do they generally take to respond, seems like Ive bee waiting forever for one.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever contacted VHT by email before? How long do they generally take to respond, seems like Ive bee waiting forever for one.

I e-mailed once and never got a response. :nono: Not exactly endearing customer service.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
VHTusers.com is a good place for info :yesway:

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Thanks, Im taking a look around but I cant sign up becasue I use gmail. :squint:

What a load of crap. :scream:

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
If there is a big sound difference between the Pittbulls, UL, CL, ST... And if I can get the extra eq on a 50w.

jforsythe

jforsythe
Reaction score
The UL is a 3-channel KT88 based amp. It has no power amp saturation and sounds very "tight" or "dry" as some put it. For a good example, go to http://www.daveweiner.com/ and listen to the clips in the "Media" section. Take note that Dave Weiner uses cabs with V30's so the sound is "woofier" in my opinion, but an awesome tone nonetheless. These amps were optimized for the VHT cabinets.

The CL is an EL34 based amp and has more power amp saturation, so it sounds "warmer" or "fatter". Also, the CL series has no clean channel. If you want the CL-type sound with a clean channel, check out the CLX. That is their flagship amp; they build very few per year and is their most expensive.

Some say that the CLX and UL can be sound pretty similar if both have the graphic eq installed.

I have never tried out the ST, but if you are playing heavy stuff, stay with either the UL, CL, CLX, or Deliverance.

According to the VHT website, I think only the UL, CLX, 100/CL and 50/ST are optional with the graphic eq. Their website is highly outdated though, so I don't know how accurate this is.

')