VHT Stock @ The Axe Palace (Current & Incoming)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Updated the 1st post with current stock, coming soon, etc.

I'm getting in some of the Pittbull Hundred/CL and Fifty/CL's soon, which they haven't made in quite some time. They're awesome options for people who want the magic of the Pittbull Ultra-Lead but who don't need 3 channels, as they're more affordable. They go for $1999 and $2399 respectively.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Updated the monthly list of stock on page 1 :yesway:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Hey Nick, what's the Sig X sound like? I just started reading about it. Can you get JCM800 and Mark IV lead ish sounds out of it, or is it more like a rectifier? I've wanted to buy a Mark IV (or V, now) for a super long time, but I've been hearing really good things about the Sig X in terms of it's configurability.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Nick, what's the Sig X sound like? I just started reading about it. Can you get JCM800 and Mark IV lead ish sounds out of it, or is it more like a rectifier? I've wanted to buy a Mark IV (or V, now) for a super long time, but I've been hearing really good things about the Sig X in terms of it's configurability.

Hey Andy.

The Sig:X can really do it all. While yes, it can get tones from channel 2 that Marshall fans would love, and tones from channel 3 that Mesa fans would love, it has its own unique sound. It's one of the most versatile amps on the market, and it excels at everything it does. I personally think it's almost derogatory to compare it to a JCM800 or Mark V. While I like both of those amps, in my opinion it puts out much better tones than either of those are capable of. The Sig:X was the result of over 12 years of R&D by Steven Fryette and it's the real deal.

I recommend looking at my Sig:X FS thread for more information about how it sounds. There's a link in there to one of my old threads I made when I got my first Sig:X in. There are also plenty of other Sig:X fans on the forum that could chime in. For $1999 you really can't find a more feature-rich, amazing sounding amp in my opinion. I do have a trial period so if you did get one from me and you hated it, you could always return it :)

But to summarize, the Sig:X has 3 channels w/ 3 modes per channel for 9 distinct tonal flavors. On top of that, each channel has a boost, scoop/wood function, a 40w/100w switch, more/less gain, and you can also not only set the amount of gain but also the character of it (ie: smooth/fluid or tight/djenty). Another cool thing is the Sig:X has a rectifier tube that you can enable and disable remotely as well as an incredible fx loop.

Again, it can really do anything and everything, but the only way to really find out is to take the plunge and try one out. You're not really going to find amateur clips on youtube or whatever that really conveys the amazing response, dynamics, and tone of the amp.

I hope that helps. You're welcome to give me a call or email as well if you'd like me to go into more detail about the amp for you. I have one sitting here in the box sealed and untouched :)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Nick, does VHT or perhaps Freyette plan on ever doing another preamp?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nick, does VHT or perhaps Freyette plan on ever doing another preamp?

If there's demand for it, yes. I'm sure enough people expressed interested they'd do another run of them.

They're re-releasing the Pittbull CL next month however, which is great since those sound amazing but come at a more affordable price.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Hey Andy.

The Sig:X can really do it all. While yes, it can get tones from channel 2 that Marshall fans would love, and tones from channel 3 that Mesa fans would love, it has its own unique sound. It's one of the most versatile amps on the market, and it excels at everything it does. I personally think it's almost derogatory to compare it to a JCM800 or Mark V. While I like both of those amps, in my opinion it puts out much better tones than either of those are capable of. The Sig:X was the result of over 12 years of R&D by Steven Fryette and it's the real deal.

I recommend looking at my Sig:X FS thread for more information about how it sounds. There's a link in there to one of my old threads I made when I got my first Sig:X in. There are also plenty of other Sig:X fans on the forum that could chime in. For $1999 you really can't find a more feature-rich, amazing sounding amp in my opinion. I do have a trial period so if you did get one from me and you hated it, you could always return it :)

But to summarize, the Sig:X has 3 channels w/ 3 modes per channel for 9 distinct tonal flavors. On top of that, each channel has a boost, scoop/wood function, a 40w/100w switch, more/less gain, and you can also not only set the amount of gain but also the character of it (ie: smooth/fluid or tight/djenty). Another cool thing is the Sig:X has a rectifier tube that you can enable and disable remotely as well as an incredible fx loop.

Again, it can really do anything and everything, but the only way to really find out is to take the plunge and try one out. You're not really going to find amateur clips on youtube or whatever that really conveys the amazing response, dynamics, and tone of the amp.

I hope that helps. You're welcome to give me a call or email as well if you'd like me to go into more detail about the amp for you. I have one sitting here in the box sealed and untouched :)

Cool. I have to unload my Mark IIB Boogie (which I bought used ages ago), and then I can probably grab one of those. I'll check your links (thanks btw) to see your reviews. Then I have to decide if I keep my 1x12 EV cab or go for a larger one.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool man, sounds good. Let me know if you need anything else.

I'd recommend at least a 2x12 w/ the Sig:X. Obviously the matching cab sounds amazing, but most high quality cabs will do!

Arsis

Serious ....age
Reaction score
If i do end up coming to Boston to go to Berklee I would absolutely LOVE to come try a VHT out. Here in Missouri all the amps I've ever been able to test are Marshall, (very few) Mesa, ss crates, SS Randalls, Vox, and Peavey, Nothing to get me exited.

No ENGLs, VHTs, Bogners, NO RACK ANYTHING, no Ampeg, Carvin, Orange.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
If i do end up coming to Boston to go to Berklee I would absolutely LOVE to come try a VHT out. Here in Missouri all the amps I've ever been able to test are Marshall, (very few) Mesa, ss crates, SS Randalls, Vox, and Peavey, Nothing to get me exited.

No ENGLs, VHTs, Bogners, NO RACK ANYTHING, no Ampeg, Carvin, Orange.

Cool man. Yeah I'm always getting shipments in, I was just on the phone with those guys actually discussing additional orders. Whenever you come I'll have some cool stuff :)

I got a shipment of Rivera tube stuff today as well, which should be awesome, and some Diezel stock later in the week. Going to be adding more brands soon as well, including some you mentioned above. It should be fun.

And yeah, thats a big reason I started this, I too always wanted a place to try out elite stuff. A place in a nice area with friendly people as well.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Getting a wad of cash at the end of the month> I'll be PMing you Nick :yesway:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm getting in three Pittbulls (50/CL, 100/CL, Ultra-Lead) and another Sig:X on Friday. If anyone is interested, get in touch and I can hook you up :)

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
:cool:

All I can say right now is ... something brutal this way comes.

:tmm:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm getting in a shipment of Pittbulls (UL CL100, & CL50) and Sig:Xs next week. Most are pre-sold but I do have a few available if anyone is interested.

')