VIDEO cover- Sybreed - Orbital

• Thread starter KholdStare
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KholdStare

Reaction score
Hi again! Here's my cover of Sybreed's Orbital - one of my favourite tracks!

This time I decided to record the video with my new Logitech Pro 9000 Webcam... what a piece of crap, haha! The framerate is horrible! I'll stick with my camera in the future. I hope the framerate doesn't detract too much from the cover. Enjoy! :)

As a sidenote, to those who are thinking of buying the Pro 9000 webcam, the hardware is good,
but as I found out, it is completely limited by the usb bandwidth. The higher the resolution,
the less fps you will get, because the usb is a bottleneck. So much for my plan to record HD
covers with it...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alvaro

... dat chugga
Reaction score
very good!! very accurate and the tone is very close, too. May i ask you what guitar rig used in the recording? currently i use amplitube metal but i am still tweaking it to get the right tone.

KholdStare

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! :)

The rig I used was my Mesa F-50, connected directly to my audio interface (Presonus Firebox) from the FX-send,
and then I used Recabinet impulses for the cab simulation.

If you're using amplitube, try using impulses instead of the built-in cab sims for a better sound.

ToniS

Chool Whhhip
Reaction score
Which recabinet impulse did you use?

Good vid btw :)

KholdStare

Reaction score
Thanks so much! :D

tongarr, for this clip I actually used 2 impulses. I don't think it's possible to do
it the usual way (as an insert effect), but here's a trick:
Create two FX channels, and put the two impulses as effects in each channel.
Create the audio channel that will be your guitar signal, and bring the volume
down to -infinity
(don't mute it, just bring the fader all the way down).
Then go and activate the effect send to the two impulse channels, making sure
the send volume is 0db. Also, very important, turn on the "pre-fader" switch for the sends,
otherwise nothing will be sent to the FX-channels since you have the fader down.
Now you should have two impulses on the same guitar signal! :shred: A thing to note
though, if the impulses were not made the same way, you'll get crazy phase issues-
but that's the beauty of Recabinet- all impulses for the same cab are compatible!

Anyway, to answer your question, haha, I used the Tangerine 4x12 421 mic 6l6
cone 0.5 inch impulse for the bottom end; and a Tangerine 4x12 57 mic 6l6
cap grill impulse for the top end. I did a little post-eq, namely took out 2448khz
from the 421 impulse- it's a bit hissy there. Hope this helps!
If you have any more questions, I'll be more than happy to help :yesway:

')