Video Game Music

• Thread starter All_¥our_Bass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I really enjoy playing Street Fighter 2 themes. Especially Blanka´s and Vega´s. Awesome stuff! I also did a death metal version of the first theme from Altered Beast once!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

madmurphy13

Reaction score
If your into video game music, you should check out powerglove.

Their songs mario minor () and
tetris () kick some serious ass.

They had a clever idea behind the mario minor song. They took the mario theme (ultra major sounding)
made it minor (lol kinda duh[hence the name]) but it gives it a more metal feel to it which came out awesome!.

There's also a band called Handcannon which does video game shred you should check out.

Powerglove are actually sick, love em. I think everyone who picks up a guitar should be required by law to learn their version off the boss theme from Final Fantasy 7. Unfortuantely its not on their myspace....... however fortunately some has uploaded it here so every FF fan should check it out me thinks :hbang:

MySpace.com - Powerglove - NEWARK, Delaware - Metal / Experimental - www.myspace.com/powerglove1

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
This guy does a badass rendition of Tristram theme from the original Diablo:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I freakin' love the Tristram theme. It's probably the best single track out of a Blizzard game, and there are a lot of good ones. I was really sad to hear that Matt Uelman wouldn't be working on Diablo III. It sounds neat on piano, but a lot of what made that track so great was the layering and the atmosphere he was able to create with it. You just can't do that with only a piano.

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score
I freakin' love the Tristram theme. It's probably the best single track out of a Blizzard game, and there are a lot of good ones. I was really sad to hear that Matt Uelman wouldn't be working on Diablo III. It sounds neat on piano, but a lot of what made that track so great was the layering and the atmosphere he was able to create with it. You just can't do that with only a piano.

I know! The Tristram theme is so damn awesome. It really added to the game... a lot. It's a part of the game that has stuck with me.

A big epic symphonic score for Diablo III? Man, it just wont fit the same way.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Clydefrog

Reaction score

nocturnous

Maximum Volumizer
Reaction score
Video game music is my favorite genre. I was just listening to the ost to Atelier Iris 2,

My favorite osts are in no order
Casltevania 1 and Symphony of the night
Final fantasy all of them even x 2 especially that catchy thousand words song :D.
Chrono trigger and yes I listened to your mix clydefrog , are you pimpin over at ocr or vgmix?
Breath of fire 1-4
Guilty gear X
Diablo 1 and 2
Disgaea hour of darkness
Heroes of might and magic all of them
Zelda all except 2
Vandle hearts 1 ost
Kingdom hearts
MGS
Grandia 2
Street Fighter
Megaman 1,2,8,X
Valkyrie profile
Fighting Vipers
Nights into dreams

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
I've done the Metal Gear Solid theme on keys, but that's about it.

The music from the Undersea Palace in Chrono Trigger kicks ass. When I was in high school, I'd noodle around with the timpani part.

The soundtrack of Secret of Evermore is really interesting, and I frequently take inspiration from the swamp theme from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. The engagement of the senses in the latter is incredible. It sounds like a swamp: slimy, wet, hazardous, and crawling with weird lifeforms. Dissonance rocks!

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
I did the fighting theme on FFVII many years ago:

Also just got vegas and tested some effects, really annoying shit!

Clydefrog

Reaction score

I dig the outfit.

For those not familiar with the tune, it's Hell March, from Command & Conquer: Red Alert.

Pretty much universally seen as one of the most rockingest VG tunes ever.

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score

I dig the outfit.

For those not familiar with the tune, it's Hell March, from Command & Conquer: Red Alert.

Pretty much universally seen as one of the most rockingest VG tunes ever.

Frank Klepacki is awesome! I've learned "Hell March." I liked that tune, and all the Command & Conquer soundtracks before I liked metal or even music as a whole. So it's really special to me.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Command And Conquer: Red Alert had some of the most rocking music. Mech Warrior II: Mercenaries had some pretty awesome metal tracks in it. That whole game's soundtrack was awesome.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Frank Klepacki is awesome! I've learned "Hell March." I liked that tune, and all the Command & Conquer soundtracks before I liked metal or even music as a whole. So it's really special to me.

The Red alert soundtrack is the only videogame-music cd I've bought together with FFVII...

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
There is this one Ultima song, called "Stones" I believe... it's amazing. I think it's the only video game music I ever bothered to learn, but I love that song.

madmurphy13

Reaction score
With that guitar and coat i think Frank Klepacki just pwned this thread lol. I completely forgot about the C&C soundtrack. Which reminds me, new Red Alert is on its way!!!!!:hbang:Better be a new revision of Hell March to go along with it.

')