Video of a new solo I'm working on.

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringninja

Southpaw Bastard
Reaction score
The Air Norton is an amazing sounding pickup, especially on real fast middle-ranged stuff IMO.

I love the solo. My only comment is about the tone. I think the tone could use some tweaking to make it blend a little better. Like I said above, the Air Norton sounds nice, and you can really tell the difference when you switch it up, but I think it's lacking a little of the mid-range boost that I love so much about the Norton.

Just my $.02 - Nice job

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
heheh, this thread is still around? :lol:

6 months later I'm just about to put this one to tape permanently. I've changed a little about it since then, but only near the end. This was a really hard solo to write and one of the ones I'm most happy with going into my guitar recording session early next month. That video clip is the solo to our song "This War Ends" which I just finished messing with the drum recording of today. TWE is also our drummer's most challenging song, and it's the first song that I co-wrote with my bassist David, so it's got a special vibe to it.

I still haven't penned leads for two of our songs yet, I'm going to try to write them on the fly in the studio, and I have one solo written for one of our songs that is so damn hard I may have to record it in pieces. The song's called "boundaries" and I've only pulled the solo off about 2-3 times live with the band. Usually I fuck it up.

Eh, sorry to blog a little, got a lot on my mind right now, recording-wise.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
dude, your tone is perfect... and that was 6 months ago... shit... dude... yeah... i need to cut back on saying dude...

Latest posts

')