Video of Bulb playing Insomnia!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
I've said it before. I'm saying it again. I love Bulb!!!! :shred:

....aside from the inferiority complex he gives me. :mad:

:lol:

ahh thanks so much guys!
im glad all you dudes are checkin it out, but ill tell you i probably get the most depressed watchin other peoples videos, there are a lot of ultra talented people just on this board and just floatin around on youtube or wherever, i spend a fair amount of my time feeling nice and depressed before it finally turns into good ol' hardworking inspiration hahaha...

Gwarthman

Meshuggah fanatic
Reaction score
That was so awesome bulb! Insomnia is like your Sikth-ness coming through. :metal:

I love your playing, you are a huge inspiration to me!

DJENT DJENT DJENT!!!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Insomnia = :eek:

Everything I used to play was in either 1 step down, or 2 steps down in tuning, and I basically only had CoB, In Flames, Arch Enemy, or Mastodon type stuff to play that fit my style/taste.... :rant:

After I heard your stuff *which I found through your 8 string build thread*, I got more into the Meshuggah, and SYL/DTB type stuff *low-end, chunky rhythm, etc*; thus tuning to "Open C" or Drop Bb and pretty much learning to write/noodle in those tunings.

Your style/phrasing/layering on your recordings was THE #1 biggest inspiration on moving me forward with writing, recording, and putting together my own project.

So, anyway, you kick shit in hardcore and I commend you for that!!! :shred:

Espaul

Reaction score
sorry for bringin' this thread up again, tho' it's really cool so it deserves it :p

Well my question: What tuning is on the c-1 in this clip? (on this song)

By the way.. Killer song! Love it!

Wiz

Reaction score
Yeah that was quite unlike anything I ever heard before. I really liked how the chords fit the song. :hbang:

:bowdown:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Bulb is a djentified robot from the future, come back in time to save the world from mediocre music.

He's like this guy:

pie2.jpg

Only a bajillion times more metal.

The Djentinator.

bulb

Reaction score
sorry for bringin' this thread up again, tho' it's really cool so it deserves it :p

Well my question: What tuning is on the c-1 in this clip? (on this song)

By the way.. Killer song! Love it!

hehe dont be sorry, be glad..wait maybe it was mad..?
aaaanyways

its in drop c tuning!

oh and chris, i can only hope to grow to be as good looking as that ginger beauty

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that was really awesome. :yesway:

BTW, the basic difference between a 9th chord and a sus2 chord is that the 9th includes the 3rd step in the chord, whereas teh sus2 is "suspended" precisely because it omits the 3rd. So, on guitar, the difference an Fmin9 and an Fsus2 would be:

Fmin9:

Ex-------
Bx-------
G-1------
D-----5--
A---3----
E-1------

Fsus2:

Ex-------
Bx-------
Gx-------
D-----5--
A---3----
E-1------

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that was really awesome. :yesway:

BTW, the basic difference between a 9th chord and a sus2 chord is that the 9th includes the 3rd step in the chord, whereas teh sus2 is "suspended" precisely because it omits the 3rd. So, on guitar, the difference an Fmin9 and an Fsus2 would be:

Fmin9:

Ex-------
Bx-------
G-1------
D-----5--
A---3----
E-1------

Fsus2:

Ex-------
Bx-------
Gx-------
D-----5--
A---3----
E-1------

This is true... mostly. Few people would leave out a 7th in a chord of this type - the 9 is assumed to have the root, third, fifth, seventh, and ninth, whereas the major add9 or minor add9 would be the root, third, fifth, and ninth. I learned from a jazz guy, so this stuff just doesn't leave my head.

Anyway... we need some more phone riffs.

Jeff

bulb

Reaction score
:bump:

Best guitar tone ever. :agreed:

Bulb, this is fucking sweet.

aww you are too kind sir, the tone i got there was pretty cool but man i really should do some invader 100 clips when i get a sec, that amp is just the greatest thing evar imoimo!

This is true... mostly. Few people would leave out a 7th in a chord of this type - the 9 is assumed to have the root, third, fifth, seventh, and ninth, whereas the major add9 or minor add9 would be the root, third, fifth, and ninth. I learned from a jazz guy, so this stuff just doesn't leave my head.

Anyway... we need some more phone riffs.

Jeff

arghhhh my head houghts againz....

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Is that a line 6 delay pedal sitting ontop of your head?

How is that thing? I'm thinking about buying one.

DAKONX

Uroborus
Reaction score
Thanks for the embarassingly strange picking technique using 3 fingers. I use it now and it has tremoundsly improved my playing it's definitely something to get used too at first. THANKS!!!!

')