Video of me playing "The Great Plains" on Strandberg Fanned Headless 7 String!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I think it was a joke. I laughed.

clouds

Reaction score
Awesome guitar Chris. Your band has been a real inspiration to me. Are you guys gonna make another album?

Mukersman

Reaction score
Ok confused here, does fanned fret ALWAYS mean multiscale? I'm just used to reading Ormsby's build threads on UG, so that's what I thought it was. if so, what are the scale lengths? Either they aren't that different, or you are freaking huge lol.

anyway, awesome playing! I'm trying to find a cd of yours somewhere around here!

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Man you guys kick so much ass. And that guitar is so sexy.

^Fanned frets and multiscale are the same thing. There's some douchebag that claims he invented one of them and that it's better or something, but it's the same thing as far as I know.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Like the sound/tone/melody :yesway: I guess the "look how many notes I can play in a measure" style gets old fast to me. Two hand tapping seems to be getting really popular and how else are you going to get that sound I suppose. Just don't start slapping the body around please :nono: :lol:

May I ask what scale the neck is please? That looks like a very subtle fan fret. Most I see I think oh geez, not for me however that looks like it would not be a great leap to adapt to. May I also ask what pick-ups or any other specs you are willing to share such as DAW or mic'd etc.

Thanks again for sharing, I really enjoyed the music and will book mark your band and keep an ear out for you in my area someday.

Happy New Year :wavey:

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
thanks for checking it out guys! appreciate all the compliments.

yes, very small fan... 25 to 25.75
that extra .25 on bottom really makes the low B tension perfect for a 56 in my opinion.
Lundgren pickups.

yes, new album this year. should be out in March.
they haven't got the final artwork yet, so our label wont post the release date... but pretty sure its March... the release date should be announce within the next few weeks. Its already completely finished, other than the artwork. Production is sounding huge this time, really excited for everyone to hear it.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds great Chris. :yesway:

Please though... more solos!

')