Video of monster 24 string touchguitar

• Thread starter ixlramp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
While not doubting the instrument's potential, all I see in spite of the number of strings is something a reasonable performer with a goold old Chapman Stick and half the number of strings pulls off easily. :shrug:

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
While not doubting the instrument's potential, all I see in spite of the number of strings is something a reasonable performer with a goold old Chapman Stick and half the number of strings pulls off easily. :shrug:

+1 agree completely.

Zei

Reaction score
Nail to the head.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score

Agreed, this seems to be overkill for the sake of it, not as an actual avenue of musical expression.

Qweklain

Reaction score
Agreed, this seems to be overkill for the sake of it, not as an actual avenue of musical expression.
Sounds about right to me. Maybe I would change my opinion if see something that actual warrants the use of all those strings. :shrug:

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I don't want to think about the time spent gauging those strings... Also, it sounds so out of tune.

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
Looks cool. I think that this one guy is hardly showing the full potential of such an instrument, and I highly doubt he's doing anything that can't be achieved on a chapman stick or even (probably) a six string bass. It does seem like overkill for the sake of overkill in this case, but I do think that this probably has a lot of potential.

I will add, however, what is going on with those neck pickups? There are only two, and they 'only' cover twelve strings.

flo

Reaction score
I somehow can't see how it's fun to walk about bearing a piano, but I have to applaud this guy for his courage and creativity to build and play this crazy thing!:yesway:

')