Video of my new Loomis...

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
Figured I'd just start a new thread since most people don't read any of the posts in NGD threads, they just look at the pictures and say congrats :lol:

It's sort of a crappy video, but just go with it. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Pretty awesome playing man. Loomis sounds good. What's the riff that starts at about 0:58?

chaztrip

Seeking not Found
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

no Awesome playing and I love my Loomis too!!!!!!!! :shred:

ohmanthisiscool

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
I thinks its Black Dahlia Murder. I know the later riff is for sure.

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
Pretty awesome playing man. Loomis sounds good. What's the riff that starts at about 0:58?

That's the chorus of "What A Horrible Night to Have A Curse" by the Black Dahlia Murder. It's actually played in C standard, so playing it on a 7 involves some pretty abnormal strings skipping (for me at least).

I thinks its Black Dahlia Murder. I know the later riff is for sure.

Yeah, they're both parts of the same song.

ohmanthisiscool

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
yeah i just checked that song out lik 1 sec before you posted :lol:

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score

That's the chorus of "What A Horrible Night to Have A Curse" by the Black Dahlia Murder. It's actually played in C standard, so playing it on a 7 involves some pretty abnormal strings skipping (for me at least).

Yeah, they're both parts of the same song.

Thanks duder

OwlsHaveEyes

Josh Gauges
Reaction score
BLACK DAHLIA MURDER FOR THE WIN! I love that f*cking band! Sweet playing and sweet ass guitar man!

Marginal

Liquid Is Djent
Reaction score
Really nice playing and guitar of course. And, most possibly, the one I'll purchase:agreed:

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
Huh, I just played my sixes for a while this morning after only playing the Loomis for a week. And now I may just have some gripes.

The string spacing - I didn't know it was that much larger, but it's really apparent now that I played my Soloist again. The Loomis' string spacing is fucking up my licks on my sixes :(

The string tension - I have no problem with the tension while I'm playing the Loomis, or on my left hand at all. But I get used to picking harder, and then switching back to 25.5" makes my pick get caught on the strings sometimes. Now this is fixable... I could either go up a string gauge on my other guitars, or down one on the Loomis. Or I could just use lighter picks on my sixes... I think.

The EMG's - they sound good, but I find that I get too used to playing with the compression they add. Then, I switch back to passive PU's, and it's harder to do legato. I guess a solution would be to turn the gain down while using the Loomis. Or perhaps the 18v mod? Not sure if that does the same thing though.

/gripes.
Now. Back to :shred:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
the tapping sounded like something by protest the hero?

my problem with that video is, the sweeping stuff and the leady stuff is how claen i'd LIKE to be playing MINE :lol:

didnt hear much of that low B though.. should do an at the gates cover so's we can hear that low B more or somethin. keep up the good work.

oh, and start writing your own stuff, i daaare you. :p

Latest posts

')