Video: tracking 7-string groove metal + Axe-FX (Red Seas Fire content)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here's a video of myself and fellow guitarist Pete (I'm the first guy) tracking some riffs for our work-in-progress song Epinephrine. The audio isn't great, but hopefully you can make out the guitar tone!

The sounds are courtesy of my Ibby RG7321, with a Nailbomb bridge and Cold Sweat neck, through an Axe-FX Ultra. The patch is based around the 5105 model, through a Redwire Mesa Recto 4x12 IR (SM57).

Hope you like it!

Nolly

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ToniS

Chool Whhhip
Reaction score
Yes.

Can't wait to hear the new tunes from you guys!

Oh and Nolly, any tracking videos with the Blackmachines possible? :)

Giamatti

Reaction score
A fucking 1. Axe-FX is crazy sounding, I was gassing for an Invader, this is coming up on the inside... :shred:

SELL ME YOUR BLACKMACHINE!!!!!!

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Ta lads!

Oh and Nolly, any tracking videos with the Blackmachines possible? :)

Yeah, next time we're recording 6-string material we'll leave the camera running and upload some stuff :yesway:

-K4G-

Go Auckland Blues!
Reaction score
You know its awesome when the camera sways to the beat.
:hbang:

Parka Dez

Reaction score
Sweet as. Good to see someone playing that guitar, god knows I should get my 7 string setup.

Love you guys :wavey:

ReeBPM

Reaction score
Sounds good Nolly! Your guitarist, has he posted videos before on youtube? I could swear I recognise him.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Cool stuff! That's the same pickup config I have in my 7421, though they're probably going into an Agile in a few days. How are those Red Wire cabs? I've heard a lot about them, but they're so expensive for impulses, especially considering I already bought Recabinet.

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
How are those Red Wire cabs? I've heard a lot about them, but they're so expensive for impulses, especially considering I already bought Recabinet.

I think Red Wire impulses are a lot better than Recabinet's. You can buy collections for individual cabinets which are well priced, especially considering that there are seperate impulses for different bit depths and sample rates. I dunno if it's just me but Recabinets didn't seem to upsample very well.

On top of that you've got a larger selection of great microphones.

The downside I've found is that having too much choice can make it difficult to settle on a combo. But others may not be bothered at all by that.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Cool stuff! That's the same pickup config I have in my 7421, though they're probably going into an Agile in a few days. How are those Red Wire cabs? I've heard a lot about them, but they're so expensive for impulses, especially considering I already bought Recabinet.
I really really like the RedWire IRs. They work particularly well for my setup, because they don't include a poweramp, so I can use them interchangeably with the other cab models on the axe-fx. As tr0n has said, you get a massive range of mics and positions to use, as well as ambient room mics/behind the cab mics to blend in. If you're recording metal, I'd highly recommend getting the Mesa Recto cab IR set, you may not need the other cabs.

+1 :lol:

Sounds good though, but why did you op to use the RG7321 over your other shit-hot guitars? :hbang:

Thanks mate, the RG7321 is my only 7-string guitar at the moment! I have two custom 7s coming in the near future though.

Latest posts

')