[VIDEO] Using Pitch Drop Effects in Creative ways on your Guitar

soundbase

Reaction score
I've put up a new video on my Youtube channel. It's about creative ways on using Pitch Drop Effects. I used my MMM1 in Drop G#, and then used the Pitch Shift effect to pitch my guitar around to different lower tunings in the song in the video, and I even pitch it all the way down to C#. Check out the video and let me know what you think. Was fun to use th pitch drop effect in a different way in a song. Definitely try it out for yourselves in your songs
1f642.png
:)

Oneirokritikos

Reaction score
Pretty cool! How is the latency added by the pitch-shifting plugin, though? Better or worse than the latency when using a drop pedal?

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
This is why erg's are useful. The sound gets a little flubby after 2-3 semi tones, and I don't like using it for recording, unless it's the desired effect. Like a makeshift octaver. I also use it to drop my D-standard/Drop C guitar to drop B or A to jam along to some slipknot.

Never really thought to automate it mid song, but it's a little difficult for me to visualize notes that aren't actually sounding out. Pretty cool concept, but my simple brain would rather just have extra strings for the extra range.

As for latency, I use the same software and it's pretty responsive. It feels weird but I can't say why. You do need to play with either headphones or so loud that you can't hear the guitar acoustically. If you can hear your guitar plus the processed sound it sounds like a poorly setup harmonizer and gets confusing/bad sounding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soundbase

Reaction score
As for latency, I use the same software and it's pretty responsive. It feels weird but I can't say why. You do need to play with either headphones or so loud that you can't hear the guitar acoustically. If you can hear your guitar plus the processed sound it sounds like a poorly setup harmonizer and gets confusing/bad sounding.

Yeah so true. Best way is with headphones to drown out the actual tuning of your guitar as it will give. Weird harmonized sound and can throw you off.