[VIDEO]:- X50 vs Waves PRS Archon vs BIAS AMP 2 vs Thermionik vs LePou vs Ignite Emissary vs.....

steelyad

Hop Pole Studios
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I'm at home with the new baby, so today's video is one I could make without making a huge racket.
We're comparing 8 different high gain amp sims back-to-back.

The original guitar source was a Les Paul with BKP Juggernauts into a TS808, into a Tube DI box, then an Audient ASP800 - so super-clean, aggressive and low noise floor.

The Cabs were turned off in all the sims, and Two Notes Wall of Sound was used for the cabs - Hop Pole Studios' BigBeast 4x12 (SM57) and BigBoy Redback (MD421). No prizes for guessing they're my cabs - I'm the guy from HPS!

In the future, I think i'm going to revisit this with Amplitube, TH3, Revalver, a real 6505/5150 via Two Notes Captor, both with TS808 and without. Also possibly a "clean" channel. Then we'll pick the community-decided "best" amp, and switch out the cab sim instead!
Stay awesome.
Adam
HPS

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
bias was easily one of the worst besides that blue cat free plugin. thermionik, waves and vadim's heavy5150 all sounded pretty good. tse/ignite/lepou wasn't quite as good as thermionik/waves/heavy5150 imo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necky379

Reaction score
The emissary, heavy5150, and LePou were my favorites.

steelyad

Hop Pole Studios
Reaction score
Nick Crow, you say?
Added to the list.
I'll be revisiting this soon, but adding in:-
A real 6505 (via reamp box and Torpedo Captor)
Two Notes Le Lead
TH3
Amplitube 4
Nick Crow
Revalver
Metal Zone? Just for a laugh? I bet I could get a half decent tone out if I set the controls right

WarMachine

Reaction score
For me, on its own i think the nick crow sims sounded the best. In a mix, i say the bias 5153 sounded the best.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That Thermonik sim really killed in the mix. Sat perfectly. Didn't get buried or didn't overstay it's welcome.