Vigier 7 string

• Thread starter dav2321
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dav2321

Reaction score
Looking for a Vigier 7 string. My ebay ID is dav789. Any leads are appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirToastalot

Needs a better rig..
Reaction score
They sometimes pop up internationally on ebay, maybe twice a year at best.

I think you'll have more success finding a seller from France (or even Germany) who might be willing to ship to the U.S. I found my Vigier 7 on the French eBay (ebay.fr) for example.
Other good sites/listings to browse are:

Zikinf
Petites annonces musique - Zikinf
Use the search engine (Rechercher)...no Vigier 7's on there at the moment

AudioFanzine
Petites Annonces
This should show you a complete list of classifieds for Vigier guitars/basses.
There's actually a Vigier Supra 7 listed on there for 900 Euros, but the seller wants the buyer to pickup locally...which is in the Alps. Doh.

Dunno if any of this is useful at all.
One is bound to pop up somewhere but it's a matter of checking the listings on a regular basis and having some patience, haha.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm a Vigier dealer actually. They have the same distributor in the USA as Diezel so I hooked up with both of them. I have to admit they are pretty expensive though, but if you're interested I can get one.

dav2321

Reaction score
Thanks for the links. Would you believe there was one for sale a month ago close to me-I thought about it too long and missed it-now I'm kicking myself. I'm keeping a eye on ebay for now-new one's are $2800-3000.

dav2321

Reaction score
Thanks -I saw him post on the Vigier forum also. I'm e-mailing him for some better pics.
Question for you SirToastalot, how do you find the Vigier 7 vs other 7's you've played? I've owned JP 7's (sold-first editions without the comp. nut and new pickup), Schecter (neck waaay too thick), and IBZ 7. I like the smaller string spacing of the Vigiers (of the two 6-strings i have) but like the bigger frets of the JP. Not to mention the piezo pickup on the JP. I guess I'm leaning toward the Vigier but the JP is very sexy.

SirToastalot

Needs a better rig..
Reaction score
Some detailed pictures will be very helpful in deciding.
I've noticed that it's one of the older models, so it doesn't have the cool trem mounted on ball bearings. For the price I wouldn't be too worried though.

I'd say that the Vigier matches the JP7 for quality and it's just as comfortable to play. Soundwise it's a lot brighter because of the Alder body.
The neck is thicker than the ones featured on Ibanez 7s, but it's not quite up to Schecter neck thickness. I think Vigier were aiming to make a Universe beater when designing the Supra 7.

dav2321

Reaction score
I just noticed the trem also-think I'm going to pass. With the shipping and case-not to mention that it's 6-7 years old and will probably need a re-fret soon puts it into new guitar price. This is also not considering if anyone else bids on it !

dav2321

Reaction score
I believe he used them exclusively up until he died. They do have very fast action (I have two 6-string vigiers) very low action with no buzzing.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm getting a shipment of Vigiers in soon, how would you compare it to other high-end guitars Dav? I've never played one.

dav2321

Reaction score
I'd rate it up there with Suhr and Tom Anderson-of which I have both. The Vigiers with their medium frets and low action are the fastest necks I've played (6-string wise). If your used to jumbo frets (which I like) you may not care for them. It's funny, I'll play my Suhr STD. with Aldridge PU's (my new fav PU's) and jumbo SS frets and be totally happy with it. Then I'll play the Vigiers and think these are awesome-you'll feel the quality when you try it-whether you like it or not.

SirToastalot

Needs a better rig..
Reaction score
The neck on the Supra 7 doesn't feel as quick when compared to its six-string siblings. It's still incredibly smooth but it seems to have a less polished finish.

I can't see people being overly disappointed with any Vigier. Hope your shipment meets expectations and sales zimbloth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
')