Vigier did it again! Vigier Excalibur Kaos = Reverse headstock barebone!

• Thread starter AeonSolus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I Think i just found my dream touring metal guitar, although, i think that is still too expensive for a barebone, BUT it's a vigier, right?

Anyway, Onto the pics!

vigier-excalibur-kaos--100077-lg.jpg

vigier-excalibur-kaos--100077-lg2.jpg

vigier-excalibur-kaos--100077-lg3.jpg

vigier-excalibur-kaos--100077-lg6.jpg

vigier-excalibur-kaos--100077-lg5.jpg

The Kaos is one of two new Excalibur models, and is the company's first reverse headstock guitar. The Kaos is loaded with two handmade humbuckers from German pickup manufacturer Amber pickups. It features traditional Vigier wiring (Humbucker 1/Single 1/Humbucker 1 & 2/Single 2/Humbucker 2) and is also fitted with the killswitch that originally appeared on the Excalibur Bfoot Signature.

The model is equipped with the unique non-locking tremolo mounted on ball bearings. It also benefits from one of Vigiers latest innovations: a string retainer they call the Flexretainer that eliminates all friction, improving the tuning stability.
I just hope they bring more color schemes or ebony fretboards, that would be yummlicious ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
looks like a cheap-ass guitar, but I love it. I've always wanted to try a Vigier.

pink freud

Reaction score
It has too many frets for my preferred Vigier. 24 too many, to be exact ;)

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
That's an odd looking trem.

Boring looking, i bet that is an awesome guitar, but Black? come on! we want some metallic finish or translucent!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kinda plain looking, but I don't mind black guitars.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Vigiers really need to be played to be fully appreciated. They're just gorgeous instruments.

And I like black guitars so this is a winner for me. :cool:

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
i guess they want to compete with Washburn WM526, Ibanez RGD, RG and all the brands that are being played within the metal scene, i agree on the guitar looking cheap for the 1799 Euros you're paying, but a plain black EBMM JP6 looks just as cheap, right? but it's a killer guitar, and i bet this vigier is no exception :)

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
i guess they want to compete with Washburn WM526, Ibanez RGD, RG and all the brands that are being played within the metal scene, i agree on the guitar looking cheap for the 1799 Euros you're paying, but a plain black EBMM JP6 looks just as cheap, right? but it's a killer guitar, and i bet this vigier is no exception :)
I dunno..at least jp6's have some metallic effects in the colors but this..it make me think of...

OSCAR-SCHMIDT-by-WASHBURN-OX10-noir.jpg

Im sure it plays great but I've seen wayy better looking Vigers:noplease:

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I saw this a little while back and my one and only dislike is the rosewood - maple or ebony would please me a great deal more. That said, it's a Vigier, and I imagine that once played it's going to be hard to beat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
')