Vik build questions

• Thread starter jjcor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jjcor

Reaction score
I figured maybe a couple of you can answer a few questions about a build with Vik.
1. When my name hits number 19 he said thats when we would figure out the specs and stuff. Does that mean he starts on it right after that? Or do I wait to move further down the list?
2. Do I give my deposit at that time? If so, is it the 600$ or something like 50%?

I would ask Vik but I know he's been busy with the guitar in a week build and figured some of you could probably answer these questions quicker. My number is moving down the list faster than I thought it was going too, so I'm trying to figure everything out. I'll probably be posting here for ideas on specs cause every guitar that he makes I want!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Things may have changed but from my experience he doesn't 'start' on it at 19 as such, more so starts considering it.
I joined the list before the non-deposit thing - I believe it was about at 19 when I joined. At this point he started sourcing woods and planning things etc but the build itself didn't start until around 12 or so I think.
My deposit was 700 dollars, though the website says 600 at the moment.
Yes deposits are only given at place 19 because he doesn't feel comfortable taking money and giving a time estimate beyond that number.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
No problem :) The list is moving pretty fast huh!
I'm pretty sure that's how things are working now. I'm also number 28 and don't expect to talk about that guitar at all until 19.

jjcor

Reaction score
Yea it is! I got on the list in February and I was at #32. I decided to check it the other day cause I had forgot that I was on there and I was at #26 now! Now I'm trying to figure out some woods that I wanna use.

guy in latvia

Reaction score
Haha, I've been #13 since November (deposit was paid in September), and only moved up to #12 this month. ViK told me that he estimates the build to actually start around late summer/early fall. I feel sorry for you guys, its going to take a least a year before anything actually starts happening.

jjcor

Reaction score
So this means that I have a whole year before I have to pay it off? Cause if so, I may just put my deposit on it and order a siggery or another carvin to cure my GAS.

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Number 40 for me, seriously jelly of those low digits :squint:
That said, it gives me the time I need to go completely OCD on the specs, not a single tonewoods thread shall escape my scrutiny!

xeL

Reaction score
Number 17 here, started at number 19 half way through January.

I gave him my spec before reserving my queue slot with a $700 deposit and rough build start time of March 2013.

jjcor

Reaction score
Looks like I'm looking at about a year and a half before he starts my build..... So another Carvin it is in the mean time! I've seen people selling their siggery's really soon after they get them so that kinda makes me think twice about one of those.

')