Vik Drama: Round 3

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
As much as I disagree with ItWillDo's comments (as made very clear by my posts in this thread), can we take a step back and not call the man a bigot please? He is raising a good point regarding people's response to different types of bigotry. I disagree with his opinions but he has brought up a perfectly valid subject that we should all think about. It's worth asking why we have such a strong response in this specific situation. I think that response is very valid and I don't think we have to justify our response to it, but for the love of god... He is not a bigot, he's not oppressing gay people, just relax.

We're responding because it is very clear to most of us that being gay is normal.
It's also, by now, quite clear that being black is normal. Chinese, too. Probably Jewish as well.
Hopefully, in the foreseeable future, it will be considered equally normal to be... I dunno. Arab? Transgender? Pro-ana?

So yeah, we aren't completely bigotry-free, as a culture.
Yet. :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
We're responding because it is very clear to most of us that being gay is normal.
It's also, by now, quite clear that being black is normal. Chinese, too. Probably Jewish as well.
Hopefully, in the foreseeable future, it will be considered equally normal to be... I dunno. Arab? Transgender? Pro-ana?

So yeah, we aren't completely bigotry-free, as a culture.
Yet. :agreed:

I think you've missed my point. I already said our response to Vik is justified, I'm talking about certain individuals and their response to ItWillDo and his clearly not-pro-Vik comments somehow making him a bigot.

Reaction score
I like you.

I like you liking him because I like him too, which you'll probably like. :lol:

The funny thing is that , due to his ignorance, he admit we are " proud of being...in that way?!"cause he thinks we show to the world " hey, look at me, im gay" I feel as normal as anyone so i dont need that anyone symphatize with me. If vik wasnt ignorant, hed realized that the most gays hasnt any weird behaviour that show us different... Or do straights show us their proud ? We usually not ( eith some exceptions, like in straightworld )

I didn't understand a single frickin' word of this... ^

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score

It took a bit of head scratching, but you can get the gist of it. I'm assuming English is not their first language, and if that's the case then I applaud them for partaking in the conversation better than I would have been able to in any other language.

Edit: to clarify, they essentially said gays are no different than straight people.

stevexc

Reaction score
I like you liking him because I like him too, which you'll probably like. :lol:

It took a bit of head scratching, but you can get the gist of it. I'm assuming English is not their first language, and if that's the case then I applaud them for partaking in the conversation better than I would have been able to in any other language.

I think the gist is "It's funny that Vik thinks we act really weird to show we're different, but I feel like I'm a normal person" and some stuff about pride that I assume is language barrier effected and not in regards to pride parades and the like.

chopeth85

Reaction score
what im trying to say is that the most of gays dont show any kind of special behaviour to show we are proud to be gay..." im gay, you are straight. You dont show pride because of your sexuality, me neither. " most people, at least here in Spain, think in that way.

PD: thank you for the help, i was in the train with the mobile and its complicated for me to write properly in that situation. As well as that,for me, its a complex issue to explain it in english lol.

VigilSerus

Guys gals n guitars
Reaction score
what im trying to say is that the most of gays dont show any kind of special behaviour to show we are proud to be gay..." im gay, you are straight. You dont show pride because of your sexuality, me neither. " most people, at least here in Spain, think in that way.

PD: thank you for the help, i was in the train with the mobile and its complicated for me to write properly in that situation. As well as that,for me, its a complex issue to explain it in english lol.

There are plenty of flamboyant gays in US and everywhere. They can and do act "different". I'm a little bit more of a male relationship leaning bisexual, but I act straight as ...., haha.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
ScreenShot2014-05-13at225942_zps95e221e9.png

fps

Kit
Reaction score
There are plenty of flamboyant gays in US and everywhere. They can and do act "different". I'm a little bit more of a male relationship leaning bisexual, but I act straight as ...., haha.

Don't get me started on those overtly straight guys, jeez.

Reaction score

Saw this, screamed bullshit, but sadly I can't do anything being banned from the page and blocked by Vik.

He needs to apologize for his wrongdoing, not his "perceived wrongdoing by others based on his interpretation".

In the meantime, Misha Mansoor's post has garnered over 3,000 combined "likes" on Facebook, (between those who have access to Misha's personal profile and those who do not,) along with the stuff thanks to other places (like here and Metal Injection and Tumblr and other sites), I'm going to estimate that about 3,200 people have rallied to the cause.

So who is wrong?
1 man...or 3,200 collective people?

The ProfEscher

This is infamy.
Reaction score
There are plenty of flamboyant gays in US and everywhere. They can and do act "different".
Just like there are plenty of straight men who flaunt their sexuality by frequently catcalling women on the street, rating every woman they see on an attractiveness scale from 1 to 10, making lewd or sexual comments to women who are complete strangers, etc. I generally find this type much more obnoxious than flamboyant gays.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Like I said: I wasn't well informed. I am now.

Group hug, dude! :yesway:

Hey guys,

I posted this in the ViK megathread in the Dealers portion but I figured I should post this here as well.

For those that don't know me (it's ok, I'm not important or famous anyways haha) but my name is Chris and I work for Carvin Guitars in San Diego. I work directly for Jeff Kiesel and he wanted me to post this. We have been getting a lot of people asking us if we were going to be the company doing ViK USA and especially now with this mess we want to set the record straight. I've been following this thread since about NAMM and I believe a customer of mine from Los Angeles posted something a while back about him speaking with Jeff about the us doing the USA line.

We've been asked before and I have no idea why Vik decided to tell some people (and I'm talking about you folks who have been hinting at who the USA company was) that it was going to be us. We never agreed to anything and told him no on several occasions.

This is an official statement from Jeff Kiesel.

So hope that clears things up.

Thanks guys!

Epic. I've always liked Carvin but it's been a PITA to own one over here (aaaand I've owned 3).

And ChrisH? That's how I normally sign myself off on other media. :cool:

I was going to post that. Still....

:wallbash:

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I blame my mother, Mr H! :lol:

And aiming for bannination... if Vik knows any Shakespeare...

attachment.php

Attachments

• vik_oops.png
    vik_oops.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 426

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score

This is true to a degree. Being flamboyant isn't strictly a gay thing though. Gay people aren't inherently loud and eccentric. It's actually a bit of a stereotype, and most of the actually gay people I personally know don't "act" gay. I also happen to know a couple flaming heterosexuals, who are just as flamboyant as the stereotypical gay man.

The point being, gays are usually only as apparently gay as they let on. I'm all for flamboyant over-the-top gay, but good god is it awkward (and frequently a blast) to be around them. They're usually way more comfortable in the spotlight than I am. Gives me some crazy anxiety sometimes. :lol:

Edit: I don't think an apology is necessary, as it would just be hollow. We know his stance on the matter, and at this point it's just about raising awareness that he's a bigot. People can see that and be fine with it, or detest it and move on to something else, hopefully letting others know who their money would be going to should they make a purchase.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
This is true to a degree. Being flamboyant isn't strictly a gay thing though. Gay people aren't inherently loud and eccentric. It's actually a bit of a stereotype, and most of the actually gay people I personally know don't "act" gay. I also happen to know a couple flaming heterosexuals, who are just as flamboyant as the stereotypical gay man.

The point being, gays are usually only as apparently gay as they let on. I'm all for flamboyant over-the-top gay, but good god is it awkward (and frequently a blast) to be around them. They're usually way more comfortable in the spotlight than I am. Gives me some crazy anxiety sometimes. :lol:

Ditto. There are flamboyantly gay folks but they are in the minority. Which is exactly the same as heterosexual people: a small proportion are extravagantly so, but all the rest just get on with it.

I'll say one thing though: I've had funnier nights out with spectacularly gay people than I've had with their equally extreme hetero counterparts!

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Ninja'd by Chris but still, can you believe this guy?

Why's he still assuming people are coming to his page to see the guitar building that HE CLEARLY ISN'T DOING (cough cough, sorry)... and then to apologise for what everyone else is saying in response to his bigoted views. I almost can't believe he's serious. "Preventing young minds from reading all the bullshit that some individuals are trying to post on here"? He's lost the f*cking plot, seriously. Now he's a moral crusader trying to protect the innocent little children from those evil bastards who think gay people are normal too? The only young minds I'm worried about are any children he has or will have...

I don't think he's going to have many fans left before long. Hence my reply, which is in the box - didn't post it on FB because it'd only end up being deleted anyway, and I didn't feel like making a scene about it there. So it's here instead, where it can be seen by all, and there's not a lot he can do about it :lol:

Latest posts

')