Vik Drama: Round 3

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Not trying to stir shit here and in no sense do I condone his behavior (big Cynic/Masvidal fan and have nothing against gay people) but when/why does someone earn a public execution for voicing an opinion? Is it when it deviates from standard ethics? In my opinion, just like you can't force a sexual orientation on someone, you shouldn't really force an opinion on someone either.

If the man has problems with gay people, it's obviously his problem and now you know who to avoid. But this whole internet-crusade thing nowadays, can't say I'm a big fan.

If you run a business you can not go around putting anyone down. Any person with money is a customer. Plus when you say something that makes your biggest supporter break ties with you, that is stupid. Vik can have his opinion but it will/has cost him greatly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I almost ordered a Vik and pulled out at the very last minute due to the recent sketchiness. I wouldn't own a guitar from a dude like that. Some people who are very close to me are gay/bi/trans.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Not trying to stir shit here and in no sense do I condone his behavior (big Cynic/Masvidal fan and have nothing against gay people) but when/why does someone earn a public execution for voicing an opinion? Is it when it deviates from standard ethics? In my opinion, just like you can't force a sexual orientation on someone, you shouldn't really force an opinion on someone either.

If the man has problems with gay people, it's obviously his problem and now you know who to avoid. But this whole internet-crusade thing nowadays, can't say I'm a big fan.

free_speech.png

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Link to round 1 and 2?

Check the Vik thread in Dealers. I would guess Round 1 was losing his mind when somebody built a clone of one of his guitars and Round 2 was canceling orders of anybody that was critical of him being way overdue on his builds and informing other people their orders would be canceled if they discussed it.

Reaction score
To be completely honest, I hope his business dies. The guy makes exceptionally good guitars, but this shit isn't cool. I have friends that are gay, and I have friends that don't support being gay but the key difference is that they don't go out and say "Heh well being gay is wrong and I hate everything who's gay." They keep quite about their opinions, and just say live and let live. That's the way shit should be. Live and let live. Let people live their lives the way they want to, even though you might not agree with it.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Disgusting.
I have a good friend who met a girl that got him into religion hard, and he made the statement, "I don't understand why anyone would choose to be gay, they're just gonna go to hell". I honestly couldn't believe that someone I grew up with thought this way.
There is no room for intolerance of any kind. Fvck Vik.

AndruwX

The Irregular
Reaction score
I don't why but there are a lot of luthiers that when they earn a little of fame they just star being so full of shit.

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
From a business stand point posting shit like that on a PUBLIC social networking site is absolutely moronic and almost business suicide. I don't wish him to lose his job as that is just harsh. but i do hope every single customer he has atm on his waiting list just cancels.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
You'd think that with two existing "rounds" of backlash against him, Vik would be more mindful of what he puts on social media; especially something as controversial as hating on gays :noplease:

His opinion of people is his business, but I believe people on his friends list have the right to lash back when he posts something like this since it pops up on their feed and in a way becomes their business too, you know? I too share in the disappointment in Vik :(

Alimination

Space Adventurer
Reaction score
Man didn't see that coming. *welp*

Going to blast up some cynic now.

pink freud

Reaction score
I don't why but there are a lot of luthiers that when they earn a little of fame they just star being so full of shit.

Maybe because they enter into the field as an extension of a hobby instead of a started business? I've known some pretty harsh small-business owners (one of them even had a "Don't hire any more black guys, ever" policy) but they were smart enough to keep that shit to themselves and outside of public view. In a way it's a double-edged sword: It sucks that there are people like that, but when they spout off at least now you know.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Whoa! What an idiot! Exactly what book on business is this guy reading? It's getting to the point where I'm going to watch this guy closely and write a book on how to run a business by suggesting the exact opposite of whatever he does.

broj15

Reaction score
so who else is going to buy a vik for relatively cheap now that they have this negative stigma attached to them just because people can't handle a differing opinion?

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
so who else is going to buy a vik for relatively cheap now that they have this negative stigma attached to them just because people can't handle a differing opinion?

I kinda find this funny...but too soon...

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

Holy avatar irony, Batman!

It's almost like... you can't handle people having a differing opinion from you. (SeewhatIdidthere?)

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score

:lol:

I'll get one cheap and have it refinished in rainbow colors.

I think people are doing just fine "handling" his opinion. Actively or passively disagreeing with it is handling it just as much as actively or passively agreeing with it is handling it.

')