Vik Drama: Round 3

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
ScreenShot2014-05-14at134156_zps3ab8e2c0.png

putin-gay-protest_2797100b.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Has ViK Guitars USA disappeared from Facebook? His personal page and ViK Guitars are still there, but ViK Guitars USA seems to have been deleted.

This could be significant.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
This is getting way too much attention IMO, not worth some of the heated posts I read. Vik's a douche, let's just all ignore and not support him...

blanco

Reaction score
Has ViK Guitars USA disappeared from Facebook? His personal page and ViK Guitars are still there, but ViK Guitars USA seems to have been deleted.

This could be significant.

Yup definitely not showing up on my Facebook either. Maybe it was one step too far for whoever was going to make them for him.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Not sure this is worth destroying someones business over.

It is to me, though I'm perhaps biased. Kind of easy to overlook the kind of thing tolerating this crap does when you're not personally affected by it.

Maniacal

Reaction score
I am affected by it, I think its disgusting. But I think the sensible solution would be to try and reason with and educate, not destroy his business that has nothing to do with his views on sexual orientation.

Maniacal

Reaction score
I don't want to get into a heated argument with any of you. Yes he's a dick but lots of people are brainwashed into believing all sorts of bullshit from a very young age.

You can't cure hate with more hate.

Maniacal

Reaction score
No you're right. Perhaps a better course of action would be to try and change his outlook, not spam his business with nonsense. This is in no way constructive and only serves to ostracize him even more.

I don't want to comment anymore, I hate getting involved in this kind of stuff online. Wish I didn't comment now.

witeter

Reaction score
I think Vik was very stupid and naive in posting his thoughts on facebook, his following explanations/statements just dug him deeper. I really think he completely underestimated the power of facebook and the internet in general and how this relates directly to your business. He is entitled to his view of course, though i do find it incredibly ignorant. Bottom line is he should have kept his views to himself; how many other people in this forum or musicians we look upto have similar views or worse about a variety of issues? many im sure, but 99% of the time we wont know, as people are way to self-aware to come up and voice something like that. However, instead of bashing Vik mercilessly I would like to have a chat with him, understand why he holds those opinions, and challenge them in a constructive way. I believe people can change if they are given a chance to do so. Peoples beliefs and feelings are a result of a number of things and who knows-maybe if we had lived his life, we would have the same opinion? This doesn't make it acceptable but it does highlight that people more often than not are a result of their environment.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I think Vik was very stupid and naive in posting his thoughts on facebook, his following explanations/statements just dug him deeper. I really think he completely underestimated the power of facebook and the internet in general and how this relates directly to your business. He is entitled to his view of course, though i do find it incredibly ignorant. Bottom line is he should have kept his views to himself; how many other people in this forum or musicians we look upto have similar views or worse about a variety of issues? many im sure, but 99% of the time we wont know, as people are way to self-aware to come up and voice something like that. However, instead of bashing Vik mercilessly I would like to have a chat with him, understand why he holds those opinions, and challenge them in a constructive way. I believe people can change if they are given a chance to do so. Peoples beliefs and feelings are a result of a number of things and who knows-maybe if we had lived his life, we would have the same opinion? This doesn't make it acceptable but it does highlight that people more often than not are a result of their environment.

People need to be interested in changing, to at least a little. Many of the responses *were* calm and constructive and challenging, and Vik completely ignored them and went into butthurt victim mode.

witeter

Reaction score
I am not saying that some of the responses weren't calm/constructive, a lot of them though didnt fit into that category. I guess you reap what you sow - but how could i possibly make a judgement on whether he is interesting in changing or not based on the last couple of days. The truth is we will probably never know; i just hope that in time, he can see clearly.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I am not saying that some of the responses weren't calm/constructive, a lot of them though didnt fit into that category. I guess you reap what you sow - but how could i possibly make a judgement on whether he is interesting in changing or not based on the last couple of days. The truth is we will probably never know; i just hope that in time, he can see clearly.

There were a lot of rage comments, yes. Especially the big names put forth very excellent responses though.

How can we judge whether he's interested in changing? Here's how:

He made a statement, it backfired, he then switched to his official company to make more statements, they kept backfiring, so he switched to a combination of backpedalling, playing the victim, banning anyone who disagrees, then taking his toys and leaving the playground.

None of those are things done by someone willing to consider that they are wrong.

ed: and if you take into consideration any of his other statements and actions regarding his pitiful attempts at customer service, I think there is very little room in his character for any constructive motion here.

witeter

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying; however I think that he (as you rightly pointed out) kept on trying to justify his views and just digging himself a deeper grave. However, him wanting to change, i dont think will happen during these days/weeks,etc as he is in the middle of a cyclone. Id rather hold onto the idea that one day when he is able to view this from a different viewpoint he will be able and willing to change and understand the damage of his statements.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying; however I think that he (as you rightly pointed out) kept on trying to justify his views and just digging himself a deeper grave. However, him wanting to change, i dont think will happen during these days/weeks,etc as he is in the middle of a cyclone. Id rather hold onto the idea that one day when he is able to view this from a different viewpoint he will be able and willing to change and understand the damage of his statements.

While I'd love to think that too, I won't hold my breath.

It'd be nice if it happens though.

')