Vik Drama: Round 3

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vic hating on homosexuals isn't going to stop people from being homosexuals and people giving shit to Vic for his opinion isn't going to change it. in fact it will probably just fortify it further

Wrong. People like Vik openly opposing homosexuality has caused A FVCKTON of homosexuals to live in fear, denial, lacking self-esteem and inability to have a relationship with who they want. Yeah, there's that.

People openly giving shit to homophobes like Vik for doing this, will (as it already has) little by little establish the idea amongst people that homophobia is wrong and that LGBTQ-rights are not to be questioned.

Also, openly criticizing homophobia is a way to tell the LGBTQ-community that "I'm cool with it, you don't have to be afraid of me". Which is important. Just like showing disdain for racism, rape etc. helps people subjected to such things live in less fear and ultimately live a happier life which is what human rights is all about in the end.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
We've clearly had very, very different experiences with metal fans, unfortunately. My experiences with metal fans have lead me to believe that homophobia is the default mindset for a metal listener.
For the general population, sadly. Poland isn't exactly known for its open minded population, it's a heavily catholic country who elects very right wing politicians.

Just like showing disdain for racism
Showing disdain isn't enough. I'm of the opinion that racism, homophobia and other kinds of segregation are culturally inherited traits, that you usually get straight from your parents. At that point reasoning isn't gonna work, making them shut up will.

Tommy Deaks

Reaction score
The guy is a massive dick. Said it before and I will say it again - he is never getting a penny of my money.

Surprised we haven't had someone in here telling everyone to be stoked for their build and how exciting the Vik USA announcement is going to be.

Can't stand the guy. Personally, I think he deserves everything he gets. Can't believe he still has people defending him.

hypotc

Reaction score
Can't believe he would actually post this. If he has an issue towards LGBT people, he could have kept it to himself. What a stupid career move.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
I dont really have a problem with what this guy is saying, A lot of this sort of thing is how you were raised. In the '20s bikinis were considered as digusting as this guys remarks. I employ a kind of live and let live philosophy. I am not excusing this guy's behaviour, I am just saying it doesnt really bother me personally.

The thing that gets me however is the lack of intelligence required for posting this on facebook, in a progressive, western dominated society. I mean, the concept of keeping certain information and opinions private when running a business, is such an easy one to follow. If this guy is dumb enough to voice such an anti-mainstream opinion while running a business, then how is he smart enough to build guitars? Did he complete 2nd year mathematics? Is he aware of birds? Because that is the level of intelligence he appears to have.

He will get none of my hard earned, ever, not because of his values and beliefs, but because I in no way believe he is fit for building guitars with such a low level of intelligence.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Vik has shown himself to be on the wrong side of history as we collectively move towards a more tolerant, open-minded, understanding and united future. I'm really proud that so many people on this forum are standing up against his hateful outburst and his rancid mindset.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
I wonder how he feels now...
What the hell was he thinking? :wallbash:

I love the duality shape, but I'll certainly never appreciate them the same way again.

Time for the "duality-inspired" guitars to start dropping :lol:

teamSKDM

Reaction score
I have a friend who unfortunately does not support homosexuality , but i judge him based on our personal interactions not his personal belief. altho i have homosexuals in my family, He means no harm to any homosexuals. that being said, vik seems like that may be in his interests. he has produced some of the most gorgeous guitars, but this guy s a total cock, and he is ruining his (somewhat personal, since facebook is a reflection of his personal life) personal relationship with people via the internet. he has absolutely zero things to gain from this, and eventually hopefully within the next few years, homophobia will be looked at like we look at rascists and how stupid we were back in the day for those thoughts. theres a thin line between the two. both is a hate group directed towards people for being born who they are,which will always be wrong.

#vikisadick

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
picard-facepalm2.jpg

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
Not trying to stir shit here and in no sense do I condone his behavior (big Cynic/Masvidal fan and have nothing against gay people) but when/why does someone earn a public execution for voicing an opinion? Is it when it deviates from standard ethics? In my opinion, just like you can't force a sexual orientation on someone, you shouldn't really force an opinion on someone either.

If the man has problems with gay people, it's obviously his problem and now you know who to avoid. But this whole internet-crusade thing nowadays, can't say I'm a big fan.

I consider this the same as if he made a racist comment.

There is no need to voice your own hatred towards a group of people.
And the context with which it happened...two people pronounce their love for one another and it gives some dick the right to spew hatred for the world to read?

Why is it even important for him to voice his stance on the matter?
It just makes him appear like a self-righteous asshole who hates on others because he can't accept his own sexuality.

I just wonder what was going on in his head when typing those comments..

Probably homosexual thoughts, which led to him becoming uncomfortably angry with himself and had to vent his frustrations at others who are able to accept and love themselves and be happy.
I find it funny how much this guy ruins his own reputation every time he tries to ruin someone elses.

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
5087370_700b.jpg

I really dont get homophobia myself. I dont care what people do in their bedrooms.
One of my really good friends is openly gay, and still manly as fukk. Noone would know his sexuality unless they saw him with his boyfriend or asked him. :S

Dayn

Reaction score
I'm happy to see most people here actually supporting basic human decency. It's refreshing.

At least it outweighs the 'harmful bigotry and being challenged on it are both equally bad' bullshit.

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
I consider this the same as if he made a racist comment.

There is no need to voice your own hatred towards a group of people.
And the context with which it happened...two people pronounce their love for one another and it gives some dick the right to spew hatred for the world to read?

Why is it even important for him to voice his stance on the matter?
It just makes him appear like a self-righteous asshole who hates on others because he can't accept his own sexuality.

Well honestly, as mentioned on page 1, this whole deal probably became a shitstorm mainly because sexuality seems to be a touchy subject. If Vik would have said "Man, I hate those mainstream-music listening plebeians", he probably would've gotten more support than criticism (altough the progressive music community is far more open on this subject than the 'mainstream' metal/rock community) despite also voicing hate for a group of people who just share love for a genre of music.

I don't support the guy at all and I really really don't give a shit about what/who people love (as long as they don't inflict damage upon eachother), I just feel like society in general has become so sensitive to diverging opinions on matters such as racism, gender, sexuality, etc that we ourselves are becoming intolerant of different opinions (despite all of you trying to convince yourself that this isn't the case).

And I understand all the disappointed reactions on the FB-post he made, but all these people actually going through the effort of actively boycotting his business for this is just a step too far in my opinion.

Djdnxgdj3983jrjd8udb3bcns

Reaction score
Well honestly, as mentioned on page 1, this whole deal probably became a shitstorm mainly because sexuality seems to be a touchy subject. If Vik would have said "Man, I hate those mainstream-music listening plebeians", he probably would've gotten more support than criticism (altough the progressive music community is far more open on this subject than the 'mainstream' metal/rock community) despite also voicing hate for a group of people who just share love for a genre of music.

I don't support the guy at all and I really really don't give a shit about what/who people love (as long as they don't inflict damage upon eachother), I just feel like society in general has become so sensitive to diverging opinions on matters such as racism, gender, sexuality, etc that we ourselves are becoming intolerant of different opinions (despite all of you trying to convince yourself that this isn't the case).

And I understand all the disappointed reactions on the FB-post he made, but all these people actually going through the effort of actively boycotting his business for this is just a step too far in my opinion.

The difference here is the context though. If he came out with "Aww shucks, x-luthier done made a ugly geetar for mainstream plebians, sooooo sad :( :( :(" it wouldn't be nearly as culturally inappropriate because people who listen to mainstream music don't have a history of being beaten up and treated like criminals just for listening to mainstream music.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score

"Tolerance, but no tolerance for intolerance" - It's called the paradox of tolerance, and necessary. Absolute tolerance would be defenseless against intolerance, and it would lead to the disappearance of tolerance. Even further: Tolerance itself would be the evil, if it applies to intolerance.

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
The difference here is the context though. If he came out with "Aww shucks, x-luthier done made a ugly geetar for mainstream plebians, sooooo sad :( :( :(" it wouldn't be nearly as culturally inappropriate because people who listen to mainstream music don't have a history of being beaten up and treated like criminals just for listening to mainstream music.

Agreed, but it's also wrong to assume he supports the beatings and mistreatment of them. If he does however, he deserves the hate all the more.

')