Vik Drama: Round 3

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VigilSerus

Guys gals n guitars
Reaction score
And yet Vik still continues to run his mouth...

Vik3_zps38dd810f.jpg

This is what was really just the most despicable thing, and what made me lose all respect for him. Note that this is in the Vik Page itself.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Come on guys, he's just some other guy having an opinion. Why is that so bad? Don't get me wrong, I support gay-rights and all that jazz, but I also support opinions. He said it a bit stupidly, but he's good at putting things stupidly. And I also dislike how everyone immediately jumps on the white knight wagon and saying they are disgusted of Vik and gaining their extra bit of "respect". People are overreacting in my honest opinion.

EDIT: by now I'm well informed and I agree with most here now. Sorry for wasting your time.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I think the most disgusting part of this whole situation is what he said to Misha, after Misha paid for the complete balance of the guitar, and ViK had already not met the agreed deadline:

Bulb said:
I paid for the balance of the guitar in full in January with the promise that the guitar would be ready by NAMM. It wasn’t. When I asked for an update as to when my guitar would be sent out earlier today, Vik made it clear that he would not send me the guitar if I did not agree with and support his viewpoints. I told him that my morals and ethics are worth more than a guitar.

Promit

Reaction score
Come on guys, he's just some other guy having an opinion. Why is that so bad? Don't get me wrong, I support gay-rights and all that jazz, but I also support opinions. He said it a bit stupidly, but he's good at putting things stupidly. And I also dislike how everyone immediately jumps on the white knight wagon and saying they are disgusted of Vik and gaining their extra bit of "respect". People are overreacting in my honest opinion.
Are they, though?
"Vik made it clear that he would not send me the guitar if I did not agree with and support his viewpoints."
That's not an idle opinion anymore.

Edika

Reaction score
I am not sure how I feel about Misha's post even though he was quite honest with the situation.
Would he have taken the guitar if Vik didn't make such absurd demands? And if he did would he have sticked to the original deal of getting a discounted guitar for promotion and exposure?
I am not trying to be a dick and discredit what Misha did but for me morals and ethics mean cancelling the order anyway and not being backed to it by ridiculous demands that would destroy his reputation.
I don't know maybe I'm reading too much into it and all this drama is getting to me.

EDIT: Again I feel like I might be a bit harsh on Misha since he didn't disclose information.

DeathClown

Reaction score

Homophobia effects homosexuals in a negative way. That's why it's so bad. You're allowed to have hateful opinions, but you shouldn't share this stupid opinions if they can negatively impact peoples lives. Get it?

Nats

Reaction score
damn, 2 years for an order for someone that's supposed to promote your guitars? Shit's crazy yo.

Reaction score
Are they, though?
"Vik made it clear that he would not send me the guitar if I did not agree with and support his viewpoints."
That's not an idle opinion anymore.

I did not see that, so I must agree a little bit then. But I still kind of think we're blowing this way out of proportion.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score

I suggest reading through this thread to educate yourself.

stevexc

Reaction score

There is not an ounce of overreaction here. Publicly insulting people because of their sexuality is FAR beyond "having an opinion". If he was just "some other guy having an opinion" none of us would have heard it - but as soon as he spoke up about his opinion, he invited the criticism and consequences.

There is no place in the world for that kind of behaviour. We all have our own biases, but those of us that are of sound mind don't go airing them. You have the right to think what you want about gay people, but the minute you start telling other people that they should listen to you you've lost any and all respect.

stevexc

Reaction score
I am not sure how I feel about Misha's post even though he was quite honest with the situation.
Would he have taken the guitar if Vik didn't make such absurd demands? And if he did would he have sticked to the original deal of getting a discounted guitar for promotion and exposure?
I am not trying to be a dick and discredit what Misha did but for me morals and ethics mean cancelling the order anyway and not being backed to it by ridiculous demands that would destroy his reputation.
I don't know maybe I'm reading too much into it and all this drama is getting to me.

EDIT: Again I feel like I might be a bit harsh on Misha since he didn't disclose information.

I think you may be reading too deeply into it - it's impossible to say, especially after the fact, what Misha would have done. I expect that he would have rejected it anyways, given that Nolly's also reneged on his deal with Vik. It made more sense for his post to include that little nugget, though.

Reaction score
There is not an ounce of overreaction here. Publicly insulting people because of their sexuality is FAR beyond "having an opinion". If he was just "some other guy having an opinion" none of us would have heard it - but as soon as he spoke up about his opinion, he invited the criticism and consequences.

There is no place in the world for that kind of behaviour. We all have our own biases, but those of us that are of sound mind don't go airing them. You have the right to think what you want about gay people, but the minute you start telling other people that they should listen to you you've lost any and all respect.

I agree with you on that. And the things he said about it is just ridiculous. He just handles things stupidly. All the time. Any time. I wasn't really well informed. And now I am.

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
I support free speech, I do not support intolerance towards people based on their sexuality, gender, race and anything else they have no control of. You can CHOOSE not to be a racist or homophone, you can't choose your sexuality. Read the previous pages and you'll see this explained very clearly.

Facebook and metalsucks are full of "oh boy here comes the PC brigade" comments but frankly, I don't give a rats ass about being PC. I'm openly intolerant towards whoever I think is being an asshole (mostly based on their views on homosexuals, immigrants/people of colour and women) and I don't see how caring for the rights of minorities etc is "white knighting". It's not about MY respect, it's about THEIR respect, and the respect/rights they don't get.

The only reason I and many others "overreact" is because a lot of other people try to act like it doesn't matter and homophobia is somehow acceptable.

edit: oops, noticed I'm not the first to reply to this... you guys are fast! :lol:

Nats

Reaction score
It's not an overreaction because he sounds like a shitty human being in general. Take your hard earned cash elsewhere and reduce him to using his wood working skills to fashion phalli that he can stick in his own butt.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Guys, viks homophobia is not just an opinion. He is putting that opinion into action. He himself is claiming that he will give homosexuals and supporters unequal treatment. That is wrong and is no justification for it.

hikizume976

Reaction score
I say less talk more rock baby! Life is way too short and full of way too many important issues to fret (;)) about someone's ignorant opinion for more than 20 secs.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score

Vik comes from a culture where "opinions" about LBGT people have pervasive and negative effects.

He's freely expressing his feelings on a global website in front of his customer base.

The more accepting of said global audience are making their feelings known.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. If I see someone who I have commercial relationship with being a dick, I can take my trade elsewhere.

Simple.

Latest posts

')