Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vik
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, great news!!! (bad news for the guitar whores here :lol:) Vik has graciously allowed another group run however this time it's for an 8 string! :hbang:

To reserve a spot you should drop an email at vikguitars@gmail.com - First come first serve! There are only 4 spots left and I imagine that they will go pretty fast with the options available below so get in quick! :shred:

Model: Duality 8FF ViK Guitars - Gallery - Fabio Morreale's Duality 8FF

Headstock shape - modern split 8 in line

image-2.jpg

Strings: 8 strings

Scale: Fan-fretted 25.5-28"

Frets: 24

Neck/body system: Bolts On/Set neck (+100USD)

Fingerboard: Rosewood/Madagascar ebony/Ziricote/Birds eye maple

Fingerboard radius: Compound (usually 12-20" but can be specified individually without additional charge )

Neck wood: Birdseye or flame maple ($$ depends on grading)/ wenge (+100USD)/ Rosewood (+250USD) (laminated 5 pieces recommended (3 pieces + 2 (4-6mm) fillets/inserts))

Body wood: Honduran mahogany/Swamp Ash/Black limba (+150USD)

Top wood: Flame or Quilted maple (pricing depends on grade: (3A included in base price), 4A +150, 5A +250USD, Master grade +350USD), exotics possible on demand

Fretwire type and gauge: Stainless steel

Binding: neck or neck+body (+50USD)

Binding Colour: Black/white/cream ABS plastic/ ivoroid (+20USD)/ flame/quilted maple (neck +50USD, neck+body +100USD)

Inlays: none (or read below)

Side dots: glow in the dark

Hardware color: Black/ cosmo black

Bridge: Fixed (ABM or ViK)

Tuners: Gotoh 510 series locking

Pickups: ViK slanted (wooden bobbins +80(USD)

Controls layout: vol, tone and 3 way switch

Knobs: Gotoh speed

Strap buttons: Dunlop recessed straplocks

Finish: High Gloss front/Satin back

ABM Piezo Saddles and Graphtech Ghost Preamp: +350USD

Specials:

Inlay work: Depends on a per customer basis (obviously more elaborate designs will be more)
Lefty option is available at no extra charge .

Gator hard shell case - 120USD.

Shipping via EMS usually comes out to about 100USD.

Base Model: 3500 USD.

Payment plan: 1. initial deposit 700USD, then 1/2 of the due when the build starts and 1/2 at completion
2. initial deposit 1500USD, the rest upon completion.
Paypal or bank wire

Build start: May/June 2013
Build time: approx. 12 months

EDIT - If someone bitches about the price or 'I'd buy one if it was $2000' I swear to god..... (mods can you :ban:) Cheers

Last edited:

ViK-master

Reaction score
Payment plan: 1. initial deposit 700USD, then 1/2 of the due when the build starts and 1/2 at completion
2. initial deposit 1500USD, the rest upon completion.
Paypal or bank wire

This means you can choose a plan which fits you better, either version 1 or 2.

Only 5 guitars will be made, 4 spots left at the moment.

Dyingsea

Reaction score
Just so I'm clear we're talking the same body style/slanted pickup layout etc. as in the Fabio model with the headstock shown? Can we specify nut width, neck thickness/shape?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ViK-master

Reaction score
Just so I'm clear we're talking the same body style/slanted pickup layout etc. as in the Fabio model with the headstock shown? Can we specify nut width, neck thickness/shape?

Neck thickness and profile can be customized at no charge. Nut width is 55mm if you measure it from high E 0 fret perpendicular to axis of the fretboard and to upper side. Just like on most of standard 8s.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I sent an e-mail attempting to claim a spot so we will see!

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
I knew this day would come eventually. And I'm completely unprepared to order another high-end 8. I shall commit sepuku, as I have dishonored my family.

Amazing run though, thanks so much Vik! Hopefully down the line I will be able to own one of your amazing instruments :yesway:

ViK-master

Reaction score
Well, the RUN IS CLOSED as all the spots have been taken. However those of you interested should keep an eye on the thread as its not 100% gone until all the runners put down the deposits, say for a week or so.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I would have been in on this but I already have a similar spec 8 on order with Vik deposit paid ;)

Looks seriously good though :yesway:

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Just sent my deposit and specs through.... (fingers crossed Vik can do what I'm asking) :hbang:

I'll give it another week before posting a 'post your specs' thread.

This is going to be an awesome run!

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Did Vik get back to you guys and confirm your deposit? Because I sent it on Monday and haven't heard anything from him yet. Starting to get a little worried.