Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vik
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Thats a great non-apology. Hes basically assuming no responsibility and still thinks what he said was harmless. Nothing about what he said at the time was a joke, the dude just straight up hated gay people :facepalm:

I think he's a dick, but he does touch on some very real points in there. He talks about having values that he's inherited from growing up in an old-fashioned conservative country, where jokes like that are no biggie. If you've been around in Europe and spent time with eastern european people you'll know what he means. Jew jokes and stuff are pretty vanilla (kosher?) In places like that, and they don't even think about it. It's just how you talk.

I think Vik is a dick, but the homophobia is cultural more so than personal. Does that make sense? Like I don't think he's become a nice guy, but it seems he's become aware of his insensitivities at least.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think he's a dick, but he does touch on some very real points in there. He talks about having values that he's inherited from growing up in an old-fashioned conservative country, where jokes like that are no biggie. If you've been around in Europe and spent time with eastern european people you'll know what he means. Jew jokes and stuff are pretty vanilla (kosher?) In places like that, and they don't even think about it. It's just how you talk.

I think Vik is a dick, but the homophobia is cultural more so than personal. Does that make sense? Like I don't think he's become a nice guy, but it seems he's become aware of his insensitivities at least.

He's a grown-ass man. Any homophobia or racism is a choice at this point.

Just as somone raised in a religious household can become an atheist, and somone growing up eating meat can become vegan, someone raised to be a hateful little shit can see how messed up that is when grown and change themselves.

Obviously this is hanging over his business, or else he would still be running from it.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

He hits on real points but then takes them to the most useless conclusion. The world hasn't gotten too sensitive to harmless words -- they were always harmful words, and the world has gotten wise enough to acknowledge that.

Recall this is the harmless joking, or at least the initial one (shading from whatever dumb metal news site I grabbed it from):

vik-guitars-homophobic-post.jpg

I mean, I somewhat think (hope) this is a real joke but I don't know:

vik-homophone-2.jpeg

Gango79

Reaction score
I think he has understood the lesson ...the public apologies are right and necessary, even if late. 5 years has passed from the Drama and I think it's right to end up hurling against him for this reason. Who keeps calling him homophobe risks making the same mistake as vik. Ok continue to criticize him for how he managed his business, but stop point him as a homophobe.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I think he has understood the lesson ...the public apologies are right and necessary, even if late. 5 years has passed from the Drama and I think it's right to end up hurling against him for this reason. Who keeps calling him homophobe risks making the same mistake as vik. Ok continue to criticize him for how he managed his business, but stop point him as a homophobe.
He didn’t say he was sorry for being a homophobe. He said he was sorry people were sensitive about it.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Eh I think I can get past the homophobic remarks, I'll take the apology with a grain of salt and move on. What I still can't move past and probably never will are all of the people he left hanging here at SSO. Stole their money and never delivered.

absolutely this.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
He isn't the most fluent in English, so I'll take the whole "people are more sensitive" thing with a grain of salt. All I see is "wasn't aware this was a delicate matter and I'm sorry".

As it is I'm more interested in seeing the whole debacle with him being in the US and my guitar in Bielorus solved, seeing as it needs to be completed, and there are quite a few here far more in the dark than I am regarding this whole thing, so it would be nice to see the guitars finally delivered so we can move on from another impending BRJ-alike disaster, to be honest.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
A few years too late but he does constantly get comments still calling him out on what he said when he posts something. Nothing is going to take away google's search engine results though. Type in Vik guitars and its the first result.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Yeah, and it was not from lack of warning at the time - so many people calmly approached him and explained why the whole ordeal was wrong with no tangible result. In the end of the day, he did harm his brand quite substantially and there's obviously a substantial loss of potential customers that, no matter how sincere an apology may be at this time, he'll never get back. The damage is done and the growth of his brand was impacted quite massively in a phase of frankly brutal expansion, so time will tell if he can resume that track. A good place to start would be to solve the whole mess this run became; from "homophobe" to "I don't deliver paid for guitars" isn't what I'd call a great PR upgrade! :lol:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
i think the whole "doesn't finish commissioned guitars" ship has long sailed...

Demiurge

Reaction score
Now that the market has taken off a bit since, he'd probably like to walk back the part about disliking headless guitars, too.

He really got his bang for his buck with that dumb remark.

Musiscience

Reaction score
interesting.
2w57zmq.jpg

It’s great that he acknowledges that he messed up and is apologizing, nothing is unforgivable. I understand that some cultures are very conservative and it’s hard not live by those rules when you are immersed in it, but it’s the individual that made the comment and should take the responsibility of his actions.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
You left out the picture of him and a pink guitar
I thought you were saying this as a joke. Nope. He totally did post a picture of him with a phallically held pink guitar. Nothing says "I don't get it" like a pic that's meant to say "I get it" from a person who does not. At all.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a difference between apologizing because you fucked up and apologizing because people pointed out you fucked up.

Given every interactions I've had with Vik, nearly every interaction he's had with others on here, the mountains of bullshit he's spewed and, of course, his blatant scamming/theft, not to mention his vested financial interest in being "forgiven", I refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's done nothing to deserve it.

I don't know what he can do to atone for what he did, all of it, but I do know he can fuck right off.