Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vik
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I should clarify as I stumbled upon the posts in between what I was replying to and the actual answer: I didn't receive my build from that time. I did pay it in full.
Have you tried reaching out to Vik? I find it weird that after all this time and money went by, no one has done much about it. I couldn't just sit back and just "let it go"

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried reaching out to Vik? I find it weird that after all this time and money went by, no one has done much about it. I couldn't just sit back and just "let it go"

There's not really much that can be done when dealing with amounts like this overseas.

It's too little and abstract for law enforcement and courts can take almost as much money, especially if you have to pay for process serving and a representative or yourself to appear in person.

It's one of the reasons you see folks asking about builders in thier region, it's not just nationalism, it's practicality.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I have. It is apparently progressing, albeit very slowly. I take it that the influx of rather more expensive orders is behind this, really. As Max put it, even if I was to decide to undertake more hostile action, by the time one has the grounds to pursue such a thing, you are risking the whole thing requiring such in depth investigation that you risk it having gone over legal deadlines by the time it's over, not to mention attempting to use your credit card's protection measures being completely out on things that can only be judged as problematic so long after the payment took place.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

There's nothing you can really do with Vik other than hope he works on your guitar and then ships it. Like any luthier that goes over time to dispute charges you are at their mercy. Going legal is a long lengthy process.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
There's not really much that can be done when dealing with amounts like this overseas.

It's too little and abstract for law enforcement and courts can take almost as much money, especially if you have to pay for process serving and a representative or yourself to appear in person.

It's one of the reasons you see folks asking about builders in thier region, it's not just nationalism, it's practicality.
Exact Lee. Never send big amounts of money to people you can't sue due to their
a) geographic location or
b) “critical“ cash flow

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yes, I'm pretty sure the only reason I got my guitar and other deposits back was because he was pushing the whole "Vik in America" thing at the time and I was American.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
i think Vik made the move and is in cali now

Yes, I'm pretty sure the only reason I got my guitar and other deposits back was because he was pushing the whole "Vik in America" thing at the time and I was American.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Was that the time he announced he had licensing deal with Kiesel, only to have them turn around and say "Uh, no he doesn't."?

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
i dont have proof and only am inferring on some posts he made about saying the last vik to be built in EU, making a post about the cali fires and also his wife posting on instagram with everything in cali

Gango79

Reaction score
Yep he moved to US with his family.
He has improved his business and from now all his guitars are US made.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yep he moved to US with his family.
He has improved his business and from now all his guitars are US made.

Oh nice - I always try to buy American :D

Seriously though, he better have his shit together now that he's prosecutable for anything he doesn't deliver.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Oh nice - I always try to buy American :D

Seriously though, he better have his shit together now that he's prosecutable for anything he doesn't deliver.
If he's as prosecutable as BRJ, I really doubt he cares

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
interesting.
2w57zmq.jpg