Vik Guitars Discussion

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Leonardo, fuck you for continuing to try to build hype about a luthier who has made it a regular business practice to fuck his customers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Well I knew Vik must still be pretty deep in the Narnian closet of denial but apparently his partner Leonardo7 must have no issues disclosing their relationship!

Good on you for being open about your sexuality Leo!

:yesway:

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Well its good to know how many people are compassionate for certain human rights issues, but its also really annoying to know how ugly people can be when someone voices an opinion that they don't agree with.

Telling people that nature has a way of sorting things out while directly referring to homosexuality in a hateful manner is pretty goddamn ugly dude.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright guys, time to reel it in a bit.

No matter what side you're on, the second you use sexuality as a form of humiliation you're in the wrong.

I don't care if you think Leonardo7 here is Hitler reborn, the fact of the matter is, we have a higher standard around here and if leaving abuse rep and straight up insults are the only way you can get your point across you can leave this place too. I'm not telling you not to have or share your opinion, but at least be more high brow and rule following about it.

Next joker who thinks they can get away with any of this crap is getting a very, very long nap.

Got it? Good.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright guys, are we going to try for the grand slam?

Alright guys, time to reel it in a bit.

No matter what side you're on, the second you use sexuality as a form of humiliation you're in the wrong.

I don't care if you think Leonardo7 here is Hitler reborn, the fact of the matter is, we have a higher standard around here and if leaving abuse rep and straight up insults are the only way you can get your point across you can leave this place too. I'm not telling you not to have or share your opinion, but at least be more high brow and rule following about it.

Next joker who thinks they can get away with any of this crap is getting a very, very long nap.

Got it? Good.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Max - Feel free to delete if your comment above was associated with ANY further comments regarding Leo, and not just those specifically relating to the use of sexuality to attack or defend a given position.

Dude you just named three of my most high end and fav guitars I own! I still have to go back and work out some parts and do cleans and leads. I plan to bring the Hype and a Mayones Regius 8 when I head back soon. As far as what I used, I used my Green Duality 8 and Regius 8 as my main 8's and my Duality 7, Regius 7, and Strandberg CL7 as my main 7's for tracking this time. We used a Friedman Naked and EVH 5150 iii mini heads for tracking, with the Bulb OD and Merrow ODs in front with the Mesa 5 band EQ in the loop. :hbang:

All else aside, I specifically recall you saying something that insinuated you weren't rich and didn't have an obscene amount of money invested in guitars. We're likely over $20,000 and you hadn't even mentioned your (assumed) BM on that list...let alone anything else you own. I don't care either way, you're obviously doing well for yourself if you can afford that much discretionary spending. HOWEVER, there's no need to try and hide that fact, or talk around it when it comes up. Keep that in mind for future posts.

As to the rest, feel free to support Vik, post pictures of his work, and talk down detractors. However, you have to realize that:

Doing the first makes you look bad as you seem to be implicitly supporting his abhorrent positions.
Doing the second makes you look like you're more or less ignoring his abhorrent positions.
Doing the third makes you seem like you're in agreement (at least in part) with his abhorrent positions.

The language you used was almost comical in its delivery, let alone its syntax, so keep an eye on that if you don't want to see more of the wolves. Like I said, if you're doing it to "stay in his good books," we can understand that. But you don't have to do it in such a way as to make that fact so blatant even Vik might get fed up with it.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
^ I don't feel there is any need for members here to know anything about another members income.

We're on a guitar forum, not working for the IRS.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Not yet. Still waiting on piezo fix I believe.

Bummer. Fingers crossed that it gets resolved soon. Just seems crazy that he would bring that guitar to NAMM almost complete and then put it on the back burner for a while.

Gango79

Reaction score
Dude you just named three of my most high end and fav guitars I own! I still have to go back and work out some parts and do cleans and leads. I plan to bring the Hype and a Mayones Regius 8 when I head back soon. As far as what I used, I used my Green Duality 8 and Regius 8 as my main 8's and my Duality 7, Regius 7, and Strandberg CL7 as my main 7's for tracking this time. We used a Friedman Naked and EVH 5150 iii mini heads for tracking, with the Bulb OD and Merrow ODs in front with the Mesa 5 band EQ in the loop. :hbang:

Leonardo I envy you. You have great guitars...I'm waiting for my Vik "the trascendence" quilt top six string and menaging to buy 5150III.
Love that sound..

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
So who bought Misha's ViK that was done and ready to go? After Misha decided he still wanted the guitar but due to circumstances we all know about decided he wasn't going to promote it as agreed upon, Vik offered him the option of a refund which he took. The next day after the refund was returned it was sold. So who bought it? Come forth!

Leonardo I envy you. You have great guitars...I'm waiting for my Vik "the trascendence" quilt top six string and menaging to buy 5150III.
Love that sound..

Thanks! Oh man your gonna love that guitar when you get it. When did you order it? I hope you post up a NGD so that we can all see pics of it and know your thoughts on how its plays and sounds. As far as the EVH goes, its a really nice sounding amp if dialed in properly. Ive been having issues with the power tubes though. I replaced em after about 1 year, then had to replace them again 6 months later and now have to replace em again after 2 weeks!!! Thankfully I was able to use the amp for tracking before the recent failure. Im really not sure what the deal is with that amp burning through tubes so fast.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
So who bought Misha's ViK that was done and ready to go? After Misha decided he still wanted the guitar but due to circumstances we all know about decided he wasn't going to promote it as agreed upon, Vik offered him the option of a refund which he took. The next day after the refund was returned it was sold. So who bought it? Come forth!

According to Bulb, one of the reasons he decided to ask for a refund was that he was tired of waiting for the guitar, which had been close to finished for months, but not quite ready to go. So, I'm guessing the new owner won't get it immediately.

Reaction score
I haven't posted in this thread, or even remotely glanced at it, in a few weeks. But I just wanted to point something out...

Im out of this thread

That was joke.

It's amazing what happens when you switch around two adjacent sentences that are right next to each other. :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------

@Leo: we all have heard the old adage told to us at some point (probably by parents): "you are the company that you keep". Maybe translate it to: "choose your friends wisely"?

My point here is: you CHOOSE to associate with Vik. You CHOOSE to openly in the eye of the public support him. Granted, you may NOT be supporting or agreeing his controversial (and severely ignorant) viewpoints and sharing them. HOWEVER, since you seem to be so "buddy-buddy" with him, people will assume that you are just like him because you associate with him. It rubs off. His reputation for being a bullshitter and absurdly incompetent human being overshadows you and to those of us who don't know you personally (which last I checked is pretty much EVERY SINGLE MEMBER here since we only communicate via online text) we naturally associate the fact (through mental schema) that you are just like him because he is your friend, your company.

Helstormau

Reaction score
^ Who cares who leonardo is friends with and why should he be judged because of this? I personally couldnt give a single fuck. Doesnt affect me in the slightest. Dont mistake this as me liking vik, what he said wasnt nesscesary and doesnt look good for his bussiness but it is his opinion and everyone is entitled to one. I just dont care about what some dude half way round the world says online. It doesnt affect me

')