Vik Guitars Discussion

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broj15

Reaction score
ScreenShot2014-07-16at000707_zps638c4dde.png

ScreenShot2014-07-16at000718_zpsc7cd87bf.png

delivered by Namm 2015

this, and other things that won't happen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
I figured it would just be a pre built one, but built to spec is a pretty big investment for just a competition.

...its not that expensive because it Will probably cost him around the 2k mark+ the time

Nah, it won't cost him anything because he probably just won't do it. Vik won't build guitars for people who are famous and give him thousands of dollars. I'd guess the likelihood of him building one for some random schmuck who gives him nothing is even lower.

theoctopus

乇レ 刀uᄊ乇尺o u刀o
Reaction score
Nah, it won't cost him anything because he probably just won't do it. Vik won't build guitars for people who are famous and give him thousands of dollars. I'd guess the likelihood of him building one for some random schmuck who gives him nothing is even lower.

Accurate.

downburst82

Reaction score
Its pretty obvious his page is now saturated with fake likes and though he is 6,000+ stronger than he was before things went tits up its very obvious his posts are not reaching very many people that actually care...

I am curious if he arranged the fake likes hoping it would make the business look stronger after the debacle..or maybe even before to pump up the brand when the Vik USA stuff was in the works.....OR somebody else did it for him trying to help him out? OR someone else did it for him trying to screw him over in the long run?

As stated I also believe there it a good chance the winner would never see the guitar. (I actually wouldn't be surprised if he just abandons this contest all together)

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I am curious if he arranged the fake likes hoping it would make the business look stronger after the debacle..or maybe even before to pump up the brand when the Vik USA stuff was in the works.....OR somebody else did it for him trying to help him out? OR someone else did it for him trying to screw him over in the long run?

I'd bet he paid to promote the page on FB. With so few likes for the post on the competition it seems that way. I know everyone wants to find faults with Vik at this point, but he probably didn't even know that he was buying fake likes.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Well, this should be exciting. I remember when I was merely communicating with him to pay my deposit for a build - he replied very fast and all seemed good. Interesting to see if he'll build this guitar for anyone.

Also, I am surprised he has the balls to go to NAMM.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Well, this should be exciting. I remember when I was merely communicating with him to pay my deposit for a build - he replied very fast and all seemed good. Interesting to see if he'll build this guitar for anyone.

Also, I am surprised he has the balls to go to NAMM.

This namm is going to be veryyyy interesting if he shows up. I'm sure hes going to be getting a lot of not so polite "go .... yourself"s

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Why would you go through and delete the troll comments on a YouTube video but leave two? :scratch:

Either way, that video has 500 views, 16 likes and 13 dislikes.

Noxon

Is a Lurker
Reaction score
Dude, if i took the time to compete and actually win a Vik, I wonder if "built to your specs" would mean I could request guitar with the brightest Pride flag colors with two pink unicorns making out or something.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Please note that with the following statement I am NOT blindly criticizing anyone who enters as I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions, relationships, and morals (let alone the right to enter a competition to win an instrument)...

But I have to say that I would be uncomfortable knowing that (provided I won) the guitar that was gifted to me for winning was given as the result of Vik feeling the need to run a positive PR campaign for his past behavior. All else aside, he's trying to buy public "approval" with his work in spite of his views, which are antiquated and despicable, let alone unfounded. I mean, it's almost as bad as if Hobby Lobby all the sudden decided to offer $100 store vouchers with no strings attached to the first (insert equitable business-related "loss" number here) customers who shopped at their store on the anniversary of the recent SCOTUS decision.

"[We] know [we've] expressed some despicable views about the way [we] see the world, but here....let consumerism sway your misgivings to what [we've] done and [we'll] save you some cash."

Edit: I feel like the initial clarifier isn't going to deter anyone from leaving neg rep, but I feel like the rest needed to be said in case someone might change their mind about entering as a result.

flint757

Reaction score
Opinions aside, I would be shocked if he actually finished, much less give away, a custom guitar for a customer. Especially when it isn't even a paying customer. :lol:

Maniacal

Reaction score
^ Yep. Winning a guitar I will never receive is enough to put me off entering.

downburst82

Reaction score
As far as I can tell there has been a total of 1 entry so far...

You just know he was hoping this would become a big thing like the Mayones contest a year or so ago....

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Someone should win it and then get it swirled with all colors of the rainbow. Or just sell it for 100% profit.

You just know he was hoping this would become a big thing like the Mayones contest a year or so ago....

I didn't even enter that contest and I was upset about the outcome. They made a big deal of not having to be Super Ultra Shredmaster to win and then Nick Llerandi wins it all with Super Ultra Jazz Fusion Master Shred. :noway:

')