Vik Guitars Discussion

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

electriceye

Reaction score
ScreenShot2014-05-14at134156_zps3ab8e2c0.png

Vik should stop now.

I agree. I'm so sick and tired of people pretending to be Christian and using their religion to justify ignorance and bigotry. People are born the way they are. People don't CHOOSE to be gay or whatever. Sad. Very, very sad. :noway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thorerges

Reaction score
I really don't mean to be offensive, but why are the entries for viks competition so...subpar? Mayones and Jackson both had amazing entries.

tmfrank

Reaction score
I really don't mean to be offensive, but why are the entries for viks competition so...subpar? Mayones and Jackson both had amazing entries.

I definitely don't fancy myself to be a GREAT player by any stretch, but I believe that at least a few of the entries (including mine) are worthy contenders. Then again, I'm sure every contestant would say the exact same thing, so what do I know :lol: Besides, you can only have so much variety with so few submissions.

Thorerges

Reaction score
I definitely don't fancy myself to be a GREAT player by any stretch, but I believe that at least a few of the entries (including mine) are worthy contenders. Then again, I'm sure every contestant would say the exact same thing, so what do I know :lol: Besides, you can only have so much variety with so few submissions.

Maybe i haven't seen yours, but all of them with one exception seemed poorly recorded. I really don't mean to bother people who have submitted, I'm sure one winner will be chosen and they'll get a great guitar.

Maniacal

Reaction score
Yeah... really low standard of entries so far. I am pretty sure some monster players will enter at the last second and blow them away.

Thorerges

Reaction score
I would not say low standard really, just not to the level i figured. Remember the Jackson competition with the Periphery backing track? Insane playing on some of those videos.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
i wish all this crap didn't happen, dicked for 3 years and now the guitars have no value

well, if you care about monetary value then I doubt you will enjoy much sympathy. But do you really mean you can't play the guitars any more because of the builder's personal, even if it's wrong, viewpoint? I mean, being that you're not a semi well known artist.

I learned that the difference between good and bad companies is simply communication, bad companies lack it, maybe lie; good ones tell the truth and don't promise the probably impossible

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I must clarify. His personal views have nothing to do with my disconnect of the guitar. I couldn't careless aabout any of that. The complete build process sucked, I was lied to on serval ocassions. I felt at no point vik wanted to even build the guitar for me and that it was a bother to him. The whole customer experience was a joke and I lost any joy of ordering a dream guitar. I always felt I had to tiptoe around talking to him and just couldn't be honest with my dissatisfaction in worries of him acting like a child and delaying the build or worse cancell

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I must clarify. His personal views have nothing to do with my disconnect of the guitar. I could careless about any of that. The complete build process sucked, I was lied to on serval ocassions. I felt at no point vik wanted to even build the guitar for me and that it was a bother to him. The whole customer experience was a joke and I lost any joy of ordering a dream guitar. I always felt I had to tiptoe around talking to him and just couldn't be honest with my dissatisfaction in worries of him acting like a child and delaying the build or worse cancell

I totally understand that! Ordering a custom is something really exciting and unique to people, and losing trust like that really hurts not only yourself but feelings towards the guitar.

And also "I could careless about any of that" NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caring.jpg

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I totally understand that! Ordering a custom is something really exciting and unique to people, and losing trust like that really hurts not only yourself but feelings towards the guitar

Exactly. I wish my money was given to someone that appreciated me as a customer. And now VIkS guitars lost value and there are a few on the market now not being sold and i for sure am not taking a hit on a sale after being dicked around for 3 years. It is what it is though

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. I wish my money was given to someone that appreciated me as a customer. And now VIkS guitars lost value and there are a few on the market now not being sold and i for sure am not taking a hit on a sale after being dicked around for 3 years. It is what it is though

but to be fair, that feeling happens with pretty much all custom orders. I haven't really heard of many being on time, and if you're told 2-3 from order the excitement never really builds

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I'm a business man and I understand the volatile nature but lies and not being transparent is not acceptable. My custom orders with ormsby, oni have been fanststic. And although under much scrunity etherials service is excellent too. And then there is carvin of course. If vik would have just been honest and not act like a child when being put on the spot, I wouldn't be writing this

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a business man and I understand the volatile nature but lies and not being transparent is not acceptable. My custom orders with ormsby, oni have been fanststic. And although under much scrunity etherials service is excellent too. And then there is carvin of course. If vik would have just been honest and not act like a child when being put on the spot, I wouldn't be writing this

you hit the nail on the head; honesty!

Reaction score
I'm just excited to see which well-established player with an arsenal of killer gear wins this contest. Can't complain too much since it's almost always a dude with awesome chops, but contests like this are hilarious now.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Its def gonna be interesting given of the controversy. Def can rule out most of the people you would have expected to enter

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Winner of the Guitar Contest is Takashi Ito from Japan, the lead playing is outstanding. I haven't heard a solo that good in a while.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Oh look, someone that already has a shit ton of high end gear and the equipment necessary to make a nice video won a guitar competition. We totally don't see that on every guitar video competition ever started.

ECGuitars

Reaction score
Oh look, someone that already has a shit ton of high end gear and the equipment necessary to make a nice video won a guitar competition. We totally don't see that on every guitar video competition ever started.

Except that his composition was clearly the best, I don't see how having nice gear should disqualify someone from a competition:scratch:

Latest posts

')