Vik Guitars Discussion

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ormsby guitars

Reaction score
That's exactly the point. Im not going to argue with Lorcan, purely because he has thrown up a bunch of ridiculous statements about how one might have dropped out of college, or hiding his wealth...

In a real world, same for same situation, where the playing is equal, and one guy is broke and could never ever afford to pay for my products, and one guy is loaded and could afford five, I would give the guy who couldn't afford one, the prize. Purely because it would mean much more (if not to them, then to me) to help that person out.

Because I WAS that guy at one stage. I couldnt afford the dream gear. I couldnt afford lunch money some days. And I got thrown a gift/prize that changed everything. It wasnt a massive thing, but it was enough, from someone that could have given it to anyone, or no one. And that gift directly effected my life, in a way that is STILL helping me today, to be in a much better position.

So that's exactly what i did a couple years ago. Gave the prize in a competition to a guy who couldn't afford it. And I still get nice emails telling me how much that meant to him, and how it inspired him to make changes, and now HE is a customer.

But thanks for the neg rep guys!

Regardless, whilst I never bothered to look at any of Vik's entries other than the ultimate winner, he did an awesome job. Congrats! And well done to Vik for giving away a decent prize.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In all seriousness I'm going to start banning people posting butthurt over contest winners as it's getting really old :2c:

fwd0120

Bipedal Hominid
Reaction score
So with all that over with. How was this one? Nothing special gear wise. Just a RG520 and a modeller. I know the genre was way different than the "demographic". :D

Animus

Reaction score
I liked this guy's entry in terms of melody and feeling; I am not usually too big on a bunch of arbitrary shredding :shred: so it was nice this guy paid attention to the space between the notes. :hbang:

witeter

Reaction score
Congrats to Takashi-the best entry won for sure!
On a side note i cant see how what Lorcan said about wealth amounts to 'ridiculous comments'-anyhow, look forward to the specs Takashi will choose

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Congrats to Takashi-the best entry won for sure!
On a side note i cant see how what Lorcan said about wealth amount to 'ridiculous comments'-anyhow, look forward to the specs Takashi will choose

I look forward to seeing if Vik will actually deliver.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
It's like having a guitar building contest and the winner being the guy with uncrowned frets, rough sanding, bad routes and joinery all because he didn't have the tools to build a good one.

Heh, it's funny that you should mention this. Back in the very first SSO "Home Depot Challenge," prior to being ultra-banned for having an incurable case of being a lying asshole, Patrick Sims was told flat out that most judges would give greater latitude and consideration to users building guitars with simple hand tools than to professional builders using their CNC machines and industrial shop equipment. He was quite butthurt about it, as I recall. What made it even funnier was that he was one of the judges.

(I tried to find the post, but failed. I believe it's been deleted, but I think he was neg-repped for it, which still shows up on his user profile. The time-frame of the neg-rep matches up nicely against the 1st Home Depot challenge.)

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I like the idea of an "ultra-ban." Instead of just graying out their name, the whole area next to their posts gets a giant "BANNED" stamp.

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
Interesting to note the Skervesen and the fact that VIK had an issue with them. I say this means he will very likely deliver the guitar, lol.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no one, and its not my business to air out but there is a story behind that completed caprice being for sale and not going to the customer who ordered it. That was the one order before mine.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't that Caprice posted here as being a build for Nolly or Bulb?

Yeah your probably thinking of this one that was made for Bulb originally and completed a few months back. Someone else owns it now. I have no idea who bought it

VikKoa22_zpsa151c12a.jpg

VikKoa222_zps0d94de60.jpg

VikKoa6_zpseaf5d84e.jpg

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no one, and its not my business to air out but there is a story behind that completed caprice being for sale and not going to the customer who ordered it. That was the one order before mine.

I can completely understand that it isn't your business but can you elaborate?

While ViK being a homophobe may or may not impact someone's decision to work with him, customers need to be aware of actual problems he has had with his customers.

Latest posts

')