Vik Guitars Discussion

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Mmmh i don't know...but a blackmachine, a vik and so many EBMM mean only one thing: many many pennies!!!

Yeah, it's just a case where:

A) I appreciate that he has the talent to "justify" (and I know we all hate the word in this context) owning such nice guitars....

but at the same time:

B) If his parents just bought them for him....seems silly to fawn over the guitar unless they were posting about it instead of him. :lol:

On topic:

Does it look like Vik has finally cleared a backlog (i.e. he had loads of guitars near completion and he just happened to finish them all in the last two weeks), or did he finally get his ass in gear and prove that he's been lazy the last year and a half or so? I'm thinking that either case makes him look bad, whether from a prioritization stance in the case of the former or from a work ethic stance in the latter.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
don't be ridiculous

Well then I guess non of us are getting guitars since we have posted in this thread :nuts:

One person who posted to this thread had their orders canceled and two others I know of were threatened with it if they said anything else negative about Vik here. One of the two who were threatened was told his order WAS canceled then Vik backtracked on it.

The only one :nuts: here is anybody trying to make it sound like that didn't happen.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
yeah yeah yeah, someone cancelled their own order cause they didnt agree with what Vik said a while back, and Vik apparently did the same to someone because he didnt like what they said. Nothing new

Cant we just look at a hot chick with a ViK bass. Yes thats a ViK bass :bowdown:

I used to like your posts, but since you've such an obvious liar and sycophant of Vik's it's gotten to the point I can't stand seeing anything you post and you have zero credibility. I hope whatever discount Vik is giving you is enough to compensate for all the shilling. :noway:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I used to like your posts, but since you've such an obvious liar and sycophant of Vik's it's gotten to the point I can't stand seeing anything you post and you have zero credibility. I hope whatever discount Vik is giving you is enough to compensate for all the shilling. :noway:

Whoa! Take it easy! There is no reason to go there! I get no discounts and there is no shilling going on, and Im not a liar or any of that stuff. I own a few ViK guitars so I know how good the guitars really are. Your totally wrong and you really came out of left field with those comments. But its OK man, I cant stand your opinions or anything that you post either, and just because you post often doesn't make you credible in any way, so we are even. :yesway:

Gango79

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just a case where:

A) I appreciate that he has the talent to "justify" (and I know we all hate the word in this context) owning such nice guitars....

but at the same time:

B) If his parents just bought them for him....seems silly to fawn over the guitar unless they were posting about it instead of him. :lol:

On topic:

Does it look like Vik has finally cleared a backlog (i.e. he had loads of guitars near completion and he just happened to finish them all in the last two weeks), or did he finally get his ass in gear and prove that he's been lazy the last year and a half or so? I'm thinking that either case makes him look bad, whether from a prioritization stance in the case of the former or from a work ethic stance in the latter.

Not silly Posting a pic of a Guitar that i would like to own!!

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score

Dunno why this is surprising, Leonardo has been the biggest apologist of shitty luthier behavior for as long as I can remember. No idea why he's even allowed to post in this thread.

flint757

Reaction score

Does it make his past behavior look worse? Absolutely.

That being said, if he keeps it up at least all the bullshit he caused amounted to some sort of positive for everyone waiting for who knows how long for their guitars.

At this point he needs to do at least 2 things (preferably 3): push out people's guitars and keep a better repertoire with his clients, keep his personal opinions to himself as a business owner and preferably apologize for every shit storm he has created. If he's still cancelling people's orders though he is still a piece of shit.

theoctopus

乇レ 刀uᄊ乇尺o u刀o
Reaction score
This thread always gets so unreasonably nasty.

1. How someone affords their gear is none of your business.
2. Vik definitely canceled orders for openly expressing discontent.
3. Attacking someone personally over a homophobe living in Belarus seems awfully silly.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
This thread always gets so unreasonably nasty.

1. How someone affords their gear is none of your business.
2. Vik definitely canceled orders for openly expressing discontent.
3. Attacking someone personally over a homophobe living in Belarus seems awfully silly.

Since #1 was directed at me:

You're correct, how he comes by his guitars is none of my business, but I hope I'm not alone in feeling irked that he gets a certain kind of attention as a result if it turns out that his parents buy him the guitars. I would be much more inclined to congratulate the kid who saves for a year to buy a Squire Strat than to fawn over a custom guitar bought by one's parents (especially if it's not the first). I don't care how he came by it, I just don't think it's overly productive to congratulate the latter party on the acquisition as a lot of folks are want to do. I don't think he posts here, but if FB is any indication.....

#2 - Specifically shows why the thread gets nasty from time to time?

#3 - While you could look at it that way, it's easy to extrapolate the situation in the opposite direction. If you're essentially complicit (through support - financial or otherwise) with the actions of said homophobe, it's not a stretch to think that some means of recourse is due said party. I love using extreme examples to get a point across, so I present to you exhibit A:

Would it be silly of someone to attack a Hilter sympathizer who had been spouting off about the scientific advancements made by the NAZIs, regardless of their genocide?

I'd hope you'd say no. Obviously supporting Vik's credibility as a luthier isn't anywhere near as bad as the aforementioned example, but the disparate nature of the two positions certainly doesn't remove all reason to be at odds with [the shilling] noted above.

Gango79

Reaction score
I also agree that the thread is getting very nasty. There are several thread where everyone can post photos and opinions related to various brands without problems. This thread is called VIK DISCUSSION and I think it is all right to post pics and give feedback on vik and his work ... there are those who are in favor and who is not ... But isn't right attack those who post photos or supports vik . Especially if he is the creator of the thread.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I also agree that the thread is getting very nasty. There are several thread where everyone can post photos and opinions related to various brands without problems. This thread is called VIK DISCUSSION and I think it is all right to post pics and give feedback on vik and his work ... there are those who are in favor and who is not ... But isn't right attack those who post photos or supports vik . Especially if he is the creator of the thread.

It's not a matter of being "in favor of" or not, as you may have been able to gather if you'd read the entirety of the thread....nor is it about posting photos of guitars. Context is everything, and in this case, it's not positive.

And the creator of a thread is not immune to criticism, regardless of the topic being discussed, so I don't know what that matters. Heck, the first post was about a business venture that seems to have failed specifically because of Vik's behavior....

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
mod edit: Everyone has as much right to post here as you do, leave the moderation to the moderators... especially when all you're trying to do is get the latest pages filled with positive Vik items so people that only look at the newest posts from a search engine think Vik is great.

What holds value today is that peoples guitars are being worked on, 6 customers guitars have been finished this past month alone, and progress is being made on the next couple of batches. Ive read some of the stupidest stuff in this thread that Ive ever seen on this entire forum and it just keeps being recycled in circles. Find something new and useful to post or stay out of this thread.

flint757

Reaction score
People have the right to be informed of a businesses past behavior before considering doing business with them. Ignoring the Facebook fiasco he started he has still taken part in some very shady business practices and the consumer has a right to know whether you care to here it or not. It's being recycled so that you can't bury all the bad under a pile of nice photos. :shrug:

I don't really care what you choose to post, but you have no authority to tell others to bugger off.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Since #1 was directed at me:

You're correct, how he comes by his guitars is none of my business, but...

Should have stopped you right there man. Reidar's a fantastic player for his age. How can you rag on a kid being super excited at owning his dream guitars, putting in lots of hard work learning the songs he likes, and simultaneously not being a douche about it. We're just random forum guys - we're just supposed to be happy for other guys, and not take these weird semi-parental perspectives: "I'm worried about SpongeMahBalls5150 - if his parents get him these guitars, how will he ever learn to appreciate them, as I would have, with my self-assessed appropriate measure of hard work?"

My own personal measure is, if someone's posting videos and clips playing better than me, what is there to be jealous of. Seems to have found a better home. That shuts me up most of the time.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Should have stopped you right there man. Reidar's a fantastic player for his age. How can you rag on a kid being super excited at owning his dream guitars, putting in lots of hard work learning the songs he likes, and simultaneously not being a douche about it. We're just random forum guys - we're just supposed to be happy for other guys, and not take these weird semi-parental perspectives: "I'm worried about SpongeMahBalls5150 - if his parents get him these guitars, how will he ever learn to appreciate them, as I would have, with my self-assessed appropriate measure of hard work?"

My own personal measure is, if someone's posting videos and clips playing better than me, what is there to be jealous of. Seems to have found a better home. That shuts me up most of the time.

He is a fantastic player for his age.
I wasn't saying he shouldn't be excited about owning said guitars.
I never insinuated that he was a douche about it, though I guess that part wasn't directed at my comment.

I was only saying that I'm ultimately tired of the mentality that because you own something, you should get positive attention for it, regardless of how you came by it or how proficient you happen to be [at it]. That's what poisoned the well with more than one person on here, let alone what they continue to do outside the forum. I just think that it's better to say "the Koa topped Vik is my favorite" instead of "Reidar's Vik is my favorite." I know it's petty and pedantic, but that's how I feel on this particular issue.

Ultimately, you have to notice that my comment was not directed at the guy himself, but at anyone who's overzealous in congratulating him for simply owning the guitar.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I was only saying that I'm ultimately tired of the mentality that because you own something, you should get positive attention for it, regardless of how you came by it or how proficient you happen to be [at it]. ... I just think that it's better to say "the Koa topped Vik is my favorite" instead of "Reidar's Vik is my favorite."

I think that is one of those comments that winds up revealing more about how you view a NGD, than it is an appropriate community-wide commentary. Should you not congratulate someone for winning the lottery? They didn't earn that! God forbid their parents bought them that ticket! Maybe you buy a guitar, but I just know you've been neglecting that Roth IRA -- how can I genuinely congratulate such a misappropriation of funds?

There's just hundreds of other (very weird) questions to raise if you were to try to find the "acceptable conditions" for a congratulations, and I'm sure none are worth hashing out here. But you won't be fined for just being happy for someone, whether the result of hard work or simply good fortune, just sayin'*

*Disclaimer: I've been working to youtube videos of Bob Ross episodes all morning. Comments may be overly positive.

')