Vik Guitars Discussion

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
sQSZfDK.jpg

Did he ever refund you for the guitar since he didn't deliver it, Eric?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Pretty sure english isn't Vik's first language, he obviously didn't mean it the way you guys are going on about.

At this point, there really needs to be an Off Topic thread called 'Bash Vik Here' so we can keep this kind of constant bashing out of a thread that should just have pictures of pretty guitars in it.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Pretty sure english isn't Vik's first language, he obviously didn't mean it the way you guys are going on about.

At this point, there really needs to be an Off Topic thread called 'Bash Vik Here' so we can keep this kind of constant bashing out of a thread that should just have pictures of pretty guitars in it.

I disagree, I think he knew exactly what he was posting. It stayed up for about an hour and changed when people started commenting on it. I think it was a bad post that didn't go over well with his progressive following, exactly like his status about Paul.

Last edited:

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Vik's become an archetype of bad PR, and that indeed is related to a thread about his work.

The thread you're looking for is "Post Random Pics Of Your Vik's"

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

Sorry, but no. The guy posts this stuff via his company's Facebook page, it's entirely applicable to how he runs his business. The fact that he's a classless, tactless moron doesn't make it any less applicable to the discussion of the business itself since he is the one running the business. ViK has earned himself the following of people ready to pounce whenever he posts moronic crap like this, not sure why you feel the need to censor everyone to keep bad PR away from this douchebag, but it's not your call to make. :shrug:

I disagree, I think he knew exactly what he was posting. It stayed up for about an hour and changed when people started commenting on it. I think it was a bad status that didn't go over well with his progressive following, exactly like his status about Paul.

Yep! ViK has a pattern of spewing garbage via his company Facebook page, and he quite often does so without thinking about the consequences of the nonsense he tends to post. I'm sure that girl in the photo did not want her playing a guitar to be associated with a sex act, but hey... ViK is a classy guy, and he deserves our protection! :rolleyes: Oh wait... no. :wavey:

Thorerges

Reaction score
What about the guy who ended up winning that burl top vik guitar? Is he on the forums?

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Sorry, but no. The guy posts this stuff via his company's Facebook page, it's entirely applicable to how he runs his business. The fact that he's a classless, tactless moron doesn't make it any less applicable to the discussion of the business itself since he is the one running the business. ViK has earned himself the following of people ready to pounce whenever he posts moronic crap like this, not sure why you feel the need to censor everyone to keep bad PR away from this douchebag, but it's not your call to make. :shrug:

Censor? Get real. I like seeing pictures of the guitars pop up on here, especially the various in-progress shit. I couldn't care less about anything other than how often I see you people acting like 4chan trolls attacking the guy for every miniscule thing you don't like. It's obnoxious to see constant negativity. Don't you guys get tired of being such constant vultures about shit?

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
I don't think it's so much that it's something we don't like, but something that shouldn't happen. Vik's had a history of rather demeaning and/or unsavory behavior towards different groups of people, and that's something that should never be acceptable, much less defended, especially when it's being promoted through the business that he runs.

flint757

Reaction score
Vultures is pushing it a bit. This thread was dormant for quite some time so even then you weren't seeing a ton of guitar shots. In any case, you have use of your eyes and fingers. You could either go directly to his facebook page or simply skip the drama and just look at the pictures in the thread if that's what you wish. The fact that you're stating an opinion means you have one to give much like us. You're just on the opposite side of it apparently. No big deal... :shrug:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No one is stopping folks from posting guitar pics in here, it's just the only folks getting them seem to be shills. A lot of folks jumped from the Vik ship, so besides this stuff, there isn't much to post.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Wait, commenting negatively on a picture of a girl with a post saying "double penetration" is acting like vultures? Glad I'm not a female in your family! If he posted a picture of Tosin with some racist comment are you going to let that go, too? The fact is the only negativity regarding Vik is him being a sexist homophobe and not deiveringn guitars to those who paid him for them. Prior to that he had an excellent reputation and lots of positivity here. To me, this is unfolding exactly as would be expected, and exactly as it should be. If Vik doesn't want people bashing his personal beliefs maybe he shouldn't put them in from of millions of people on his FB page. Clearly he hasn't learned.

And I also would like to know if Eric's received his refund or not.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
No one is stopping folks from posting guitar pics in here, it's just the only folks getting them seem to be shills. A lot of folks jumped from the Vik ship, so besides this stuff, there isn't much to post.

Yeah not much to post....aside from these random dudes at the ViK booth the past two days:

Tosin Abasi

Karl Sanders of Nile

Francesco Filigoi

Fred Brum

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like clockwork. :lol:

As an aside, what does it matter, folks stopping by to check out guitars? I mean, I've played just as many, if not more, crappy guitars than good guitars, and if you took photos every time would it make those bad ones good?

Show me those guys switching from their respective companies and I'll care. :)

flint757

Reaction score
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that I share any of Vik's opinions.

Never said you agree with him. I said opposing views, as in you think we should just ignore what's currently being discussed and we don't. I have no clue where you stand on the actual issues being addressed, nor do I care. :shrug:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
The best playing guitars I played at NAMM this year were those ViKs, and the Holcomb PRS, along with a Parker and a Mayones Regius.

The Mayones stuff was nicer than the Jackson stuff, and all the Ibanez guitars I played were crap. The Carvin stuff did nothing for me either, it was nothing special. Every time I went to check out the Holcomb PRS, or these ViK's it was evident that they were above and beyond just about everything else there.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'm not sure there's much dispute about Vik guitars playing well. There is, however, an issue with people getting the guitars they ordered.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Vik makes absolutely gorgeous and undoubtedly well playing guitars. I personally wouldn't give him money because I don't support him as a person.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Wait, commenting negatively on a picture of a girl with a post saying "double penetration" is acting like vultures? Glad I'm not a female in your family! If he posted a picture of Tosin with some racist comment are you going to let that go, too? The fact is the only negativity regarding Vik is him being a sexist homophobe and not deiveringn guitars to those who paid him for them. Prior to that he had an excellent reputation and lots of positivity here. To me, this is unfolding exactly as would be expected, and exactly as it should be. If Vik doesn't want people bashing his personal beliefs maybe he shouldn't put them in from of millions of people on his FB page. Clearly he hasn't learned.

And I also would like to know if Eric's received his refund or not.

I dislike all the negativity, regardless of who it's against. It's annoying to see how many of you guys will immediately launch into ridiculous nonsense attacks against anyone for any reason. Look at you, you're normally one of the few people around here whose posts I actually respect, but now you're going to try to bring up racism, and hypothetical b.s, and bring someone's family into this? Not cool, at all.
I said that I don't like how negative you guys are, and how frequently the circling vulture mentality pops up here. It's the typical internet forum bully nonsense, and it's sad to be seeing it in every single part of this forum lately.

You know what, it's not even worth it.

')