Vik Guitars Discussion

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I dislike all the negativity, regardless of who it's against. It's annoying to see how many of you guys will immediately launch into ridiculous nonsense attacks against anyone for any reason. Look at you, you're normally one of the few people around here whose posts I actually respect, but now you're going to try to bring up racism, and hypothetical b.s, and bring someone's family into this? Not cool, at all.
I said that I don't like how negative you guys are, and how frequently the circling vulture mentality pops up here. It's the typical internet forum bully nonsense, and it's sad to be seeing it in every single part of this forum lately.

You know what, it's not even worth it.

I mean, what do you expect man?

You realize how many members we have here? When something gets posted here, do you expect the lot of us to completely ignore it and just keep on? You're right, it is the internet and anyone will post their opinions on just about anything. That's the beauty of a discussion board, everyone gets to express their opinion on any topic.

If you want to see Vik's guitars go on his Facebook page, this thread clearly isn't going to provide you with any of that. Especially considering the last dozen or so pages have been discussions on his bad business dealings and personal beliefs.

There's a solution to this, just don't check the thread out. And as far as I'm concerned, the negativity is usually earned here and when it's just one jackass trying to stir up trouble it gets dealt with. But when a customer hasn't received a finished guitar in over a year, and people are asking why in a thread about said business, how is that negativity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
You have to be careful, rumor has it that Vik's secret recipe of guitar building create instruments that can change any LGBT person straight!

Someone loan me their Vik so I can prove this wong and undermine his legitimacy :lol:

esp_eraser

Reaction score
I mean, what do you expect man?

You realize how many members we have here? When something gets posted here, do you expect the lot of us to completely ignore it and just keep on? You're right, it is the internet and anyone will post their opinions on just about anything. That's the beauty of a discussion board, everyone gets to express their opinion on any topic.

If you want to see Vik's guitars go on his Facebook page, this thread clearly isn't going to provide you with any of that. Especially considering the last dozen or so pages have been discussions on his bad business dealings and personal beliefs.

There's a solution to this, just don't check the thread out. And as far as I'm concerned, the negativity is usually earned here and when it's just one jackass trying to stir up trouble it gets dealt with. But when a customer hasn't received a finished guitar in over a year, and people are asking why in a thread about said business, how is that negativity?

I agree with jwade
There is a pack mentality on this forum.
Its weak, gutless and reaks of cowardice. Plain ol bullies.

Do I care for Vik's views of sexuality? Nope
Do I care hes 1 year overdue on delivering a guitar? Nope, Decibel owes people guitars of up to 3 years and over but everyones licking his arse.
Do I care about his double penetration comment? Nope, I found it amusing, not because it was funny but because he clearly hasnt learnt his lesson.

Yes it is the internet, and everyone has access to voice their opinions but if they're of no value and purely aimed to throw cheap shots and join the pack like sheep then why contribute at all.

Go and view his facebook page if I dont want to read negative commentary and cheap shots? Why should we not be able to view this thread without trawling through all the rubbish posts.
I dont remember the thread title saying this isnt about his guitars or pics but a beat up page.

If the negativity is earned here? Then why doesnt everyone go concentrate their efforts on bullies that attack at will here. Or is there too many sheep and no shepards?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Well, I don't like negativity any more than the next guy, but if you can criticize me for being negative, why can I not criticize Vik for being negative?

Plus, I think you're missing the big picture. We're not piling on because we have a disagreement, or dislike Vik, or don't care for his designs, or any other reason like that. We're piling on because he's being hateful. If I saw someone make a comment like Vik makes in real life is call him out on it. There's a difference between standing up for what is right, and being negative. To me, this is a situation of, "the only thing evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing." I get that some people can't see that, but that doesn't make you right.

I also hardly think I'm a vulture circling. My posts calling people out are very consistent, and I don't fly off the handle when someone mentions djent, rings of saturn, emmure, breakdowns, or any of the other regular opinion based things on here. But if someone is sexist, racist, homophobic, or carries on in some other hateful and antiquated way, then yeah, I'm gonna call them out on it.

But really, I'm not sure why I have to launch into a rationale for why I'm allowed to comment on a facebook post of Vik's. Why can't I?

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Censor? Get real. I like seeing pictures of the guitars pop up on here, especially the various in-progress shit. I couldn't care less about anything other than how often I see you people acting like 4chan trolls attacking the guy for every miniscule thing you don't like. It's obnoxious to see constant negativity. Don't you guys get tired of being such constant vultures about shit?

What do you mean, "you people"? Sorry, the sexist and homophobic posts he has made to his COMPANY FACEBOOK PAGE aren't exactly "minuscule things" as far as most people are concerned, and telling people they shouldn't talk about anything other than the guitars themselves on a discussion forum is ridiculous.

Feel free to stick to following his Facebook feed for picture updates if you don't want to see anything but pretty pictures, however insulting fellow forum members and bitching about people posting things that you don't want to read is rather weak on your part.

Back on topic - I'd love to know if a year has gone by and ViK still hasn't delivered Eric's guitar, did he ever give him a refund at the very least? Seems he still has funds to build other guitars and afford a NAMM booth again, so if he hasn't righted that wrong, it seems nothing at all has changed in a year with the ViK camp. :2c:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I agree with jwade
There is a pack mentality on this forum.
Its weak, gutless and reaks of cowardice. Plain ol bullies.

Do I care for Vik's views of sexuality? Nope
Do I care hes 1 year overdue on delivering a guitar? Nope, Decibel owes people guitars of up to 3 years and over but everyones licking his arse.
Do I care about his double penetration comment? Nope, I found it amusing, not because it was funny but because he clearly hasnt learnt his lesson.

Yes it is the internet, and everyone has access to voice their opinions but if they're of no value and purely aimed to throw cheap shots and join the pack like sheep then why contribute at all.

Go and view his facebook page if I dont want to read negative commentary and cheap shots? Why should we not be able to view this thread without trawling through all the rubbish posts.
I dont remember the thread title saying this isnt about his guitars or pics but a beat up page.

If the negativity is earned here? Then why doesnt everyone go concentrate their efforts on bullies that attack at will here. Or is there too many sheep and no shepards?

Uh, maybe you need to read the Decibel thread again? Nobody is licking his arse. He got called out on it pretty hard.

And I'm not sure how you can claim pack mentality with so much fighting within the pack. I know for myself, I've argued with and against the same forum member in two different threads. I'm agreeing with Max here, but we're in disagreement over on the "intruder" thread, for instance. And I agree with Lepnardo7 on loads of stuff, but I always give him a hard time about being so pro-Vik. 7SoH and sevenstringj and I got into it within the past month, but we agree in other threads. Fact is, there is very LITTLE pack mentality here. Lots of agreement on certain topics because of the demographic many people share, but I think you'll see more pack mentality in real life than on an anonymous forum. What would be the advantage of pretending to agree with someone you don't even know, and who cannot help or harm you? It just doesn't make sense.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Your logic is that because someone else is worse at delivering guitars, somehow being one year overdue is not a major concern? :nuts: And just to shed some light on things, it wasn't "one year" overdue - it was already wayyyy overdue a year ago when it was completed, as were all of our orders at that time.

And FWIW, check out the Decibel thread sometime. Arse licking days are over.

Edika

Reaction score
I, for one, would love to see more pictures from Vik's guitars. That would mean people are getting the guitars they paid for and we're treated with some guitar pron.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Everything aside, let's not forget that not every guitar that leaves his shop is godly. Search the NGDs.

So yes, not only is he a dick, but he's not perfect in his work either.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I, for one, would love to see more pictures from Vik's guitars. That would mean people are getting the guitars they paid for and we're treated with some guitar pron.

Well that's not exactly true... that's why I asked about Eric's deal with ViK as we saw his guitar at NAMM last year, yet as he said on the previous page he still has NOT received it which seriously sucks. :noplease:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
What do you mean, "you people"?

Obviously, the people on this message board. There should've been no possible way to be confused by that.

I'm not going to bother with any of this anymore. I object to seeing constant bashing and whining, and you people act exactly as I should've expected.

Don't bother commenting towards me again, I'll not be wasting any more time on this thread.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Well if "You people" means the people on this forum, you're one of "You people", so I dunno if you wanna remove yourself or...

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Obviously, the people on this message board. There should've been no possible way to be confused by that.

I'm not going to bother with any of this anymore. I object to seeing constant bashing and whining, and you people act exactly as I should've expected.

Don't bother commenting towards me again, I'll not be wasting any more time on this thread.

Appreciate it, thanks.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I dislike all the negativity, regardless of who it's against.
But you'll tolerate it from Vik, and expect that others do too?
It's annoying to see how many of you guys will immediately launch into ridiculous nonsense attacks against anyone for any reason. Look at you, you're normally one of the few people around here whose posts I actually respect, but now you're going to try to bring up racism, and hypothetical b.s, and bring someone's family into this?...
I'm sorry, Vik has put his foot in it many, many well documented times. He's a bigot. He's a racist. He's ripped people off. You can't deny that.
You know what, it's not even worth it.
If it wasn't worth it, you wouldn't reply. Face it, you like his guitars more than being a decent human being and you're upset that others don't feel the way you do and refuse to let the sycophants sweep Vik's díckishness under the rug.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score

Cya :wavey:

UnderTheSign

Reaction score

pot-kettle.jpg

Dung attracts flies and that's exactly what's happening here, did anyone expect folks to wander in asking why it smells like flowers?

Leaves me curious though, Elq, whatever happened to yours after last years' circus? If you'd be willing to share the story, anyway.

Purelojik

Reaction score
So i just got back from NAMM and i actually stopped by Vik's booth. Since i started building his aesthetics have always influenced me. Im not commenting on the PR fiasco in the past year and stuff but in person hes a very nice guy to talk to and i really am glad i finally got to play one of his guitars and am happy to say that they are really everything I thought they would be. Politics aside i enjoyed my conversation with him.

now i also tried a strictly 7 and it too was everything we all knew they'd be... :rolleyes:

Edika

Reaction score
Well that's not exactly true... that's why I asked about Eric's deal with ViK as we saw his guitar at NAMM last year, yet as he said on the previous page he still has NOT received it which seriously sucks. :noplease:

Yes this is true but I actually meant photos from the owners and not from Vik's page.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes this is true but I actually meant photos from the owners and not from Vik's page.

Not to continue the snarkfest (because this is actually a true statement :lol:) but from recent past/current posting history, you're more likely to see photos from ViK owners in the thread below than you are to see them in the ViK Guitars Discussion thread:

Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted - SevenString.org

:shrug:

')