Vik Guitars Discussion

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
If you go to the post on his page and take a look you will see that she took the opportunity to plug her band and also to say "Vik guitars are very well made. Love the heavy tone, wood finish, the fret board. I'm not a pro guitar player. I'm a Bass Player. But I play guitar when I'm writing. Thanks @Vikguitars" so that leads me to believe that she didnt take it seriously and also that she enjoyed her experience with him and his guitars

While I can't guarantee anything obviously, I highly doubt she made that statement before he removed the comment, especially since her comment was all about the guitar. Could be right though. :shrug: Doesn't make it any less inappropriate for him to do as a small business owner.

---

Did he just remove the caption or replace it? I'm not going to go on his facebook page to check it out...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did elq ever get the guitar that was supposed to be delivered during last year's show?

sQSZfDK.jpg

Fair enough bud...I've got nothing to gain by defending him whether friend or otherwise, so I am not going to do that anymore. I get that it comes off that way & it is pretty hard to take it any other way, but that wasn't my goal honestly. Anyhow, I BELIEVE Eric got his guitar & is trying to jump on the list for another run....I believe. I know we spoke about one sso member who was waiting for awhile & getting pretty verbal about his dislike for the situation but that got his guitar & loved it so much he is trying to drop on another run. If I hear anymore I will let you know bud :)

Elq is the Eric I'm talking about.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
While I can't guarantee anything obviously, I highly doubt she made that statement before he removed the comment, especially since her comment was all about the guitar. Could be right though. :shrug: Doesn't make it any less inappropriate for him to do as a small business owner.

---

Did he just remove the caption or replace it? I'm not going to go on his facebook page to check it out...

He replaced it, you can still see the 'what' comments on the photo.

VVolverin3

Cool beans
Reaction score
Hi gents, long time listener first time caller (or so to speak)

Just thought I'd post my (rubbish) photos of my ViK Duality. Just got it a week ago. It was the last one posted on his FB page, listed as heading to Australia.... which is where I am. I'm sure you could figure that out. xD

(Click on the pic for the album)

All just taken with my phone on a sunny day. I've owned a bunch of fairly pricey guitars (selling them to pay for more and so on) but never bothered to get a good camera of course.

Don't really want to get involved in an argument but I suppose I might as well say:

Pro :)
Guitar really is awesome. Probably the best I've ever played.
Vik was quite friendly, easy to deal with on email

Con :(
Definitely not in agreement with his personal views
Guitar was about 11 months late - supposed to be delivered in 10 - 12 months, took 23

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Man! I've wanted to play a Vik for a while. Since I own some Ormsby's and have bought gear off you a few year's back, would you be keen to meetup?

Thorerges

Reaction score
Hi gents, long time listener first time caller (or so to speak)

Just thought I'd post my (rubbish) photos of my ViK Duality. Just got it a week ago. It was the last one posted on his FB page, listed as heading to Australia.... which is where I am. I'm sure you could figure that out. xD

(Click on the pic for the album)

All just taken with my phone on a sunny day. I've owned a bunch of fairly pricey guitars (selling them to pay for more and so on) but never bothered to get a good camera of course.

Don't really want to get involved in an argument but I suppose I might as well say:

Pro :)
Guitar really is awesome. Probably the best I've ever played.
Vik was quite friendly, easy to deal with on email

Con :(
Definitely not in agreement with his personal views
Guitar was about 11 months late - supposed to be delivered in 10 - 12 months, took 23

Very nice.

VVolverin3

Cool beans
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Man! I've wanted to play a Vik for a while. Since I own some Ormsby's and have bought gear off you a few year's back, would you be keen to meetup?

Hey man, I've bought/sold/traded dozens of things over the past few years. What did you buy off me? That'll help me remember! xD

VVolverin3

Cool beans
Reaction score
In Vik time, that's like next day delivery!

:lol:

I lucked out. Not to downplay the delay but it doesn't bother me too much. Gave me extra time to save up. The only thing that kind of bums me out is Vik charges in USD and the Aussie dollar dropped drastically in the last month or so. So if he'd finished the guitar ~1 month earlier I might have saved a chunk of money on my end!! Oh well...

Promit

Reaction score
Everything else aside, I'm shocked that we're actually seeing him make deliveries on guitars. I thought for sure when everything fell apart that no more Duality models would actually see the light of day.

NovaLion

Novum Ingenium
Reaction score
I think at this point I've seen more Duality "replicas" than originals.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Everything else aside, I'm shocked that we're actually seeing him make deliveries on guitars. I thought for sure when everything fell apart that no more Duality models would actually see the light of day.

Are we though?

NAMM doesn't count.

Not sure if the contest does either. But it's still way ahead of plenty existing orders.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
he still is doing shady bullshit to customers, elq still doesnt have is guitar, the 8 string rungs dont appear to be making an progress, who knows what the hell is going on with wait list customers, back in jan 2013, vik tried to get me to leave a deposit when my 2nd build was at slot 18.

')