Vik Guitars Discussion

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pylyo

Reaction score
Sure, next day delivery.

Narad, what's the body wood? Stained mahogany?

I dig the P90 in the neck, will have it in one of my incoming Regiuses.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
:lol:

I lucked out. Not to downplay the delay but it doesn't bother me too much. Gave me extra time to save up. The only thing that kind of bums me out is Vik charges in USD and the Aussie dollar dropped drastically in the last month or so. So if he'd finished the guitar ~1 month earlier I might have saved a chunk of money on my end!! Oh well...

if you dont mind, what did he charge for the build? completely understand if you dont want to post publicly

narad

Reaction score
Sure, next day delivery.

Narad, what's the body wood? Stained mahogany?

I dig the P90 in the neck, will have it in one of my incoming Regiuses.

Stained korina. The P-90 is killer, and definitely something I'm going to do again on at least one other guitar. Amazing cleans.

narad

Reaction score
Yours was a guitar he cancelled and took a lot of convincing not to steal your money, right?

Well it was cancelled (one of three) but I don't think there was any intention to steal my money. But there is a lot of opportunity cost in sitting around waiting 2.5/3 years for a guitar, and I feel like a refund would no longer be fair recompense. So I was quite adamant about receiving this particular guitar.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Pro :)
Guitar really is awesome. Probably the best I've ever played.
Vik was quite friendly, easy to deal with on email

Con :(
Definitely not in agreement with his personal views
Guitar was about 11 months late - supposed to be delivered in 10 - 12 months, took 23

Good to hear.

Yeah... good to hear the guitar was nice.... if you ignore that it was one of the very few that has been delivered and it was STILL roughly 11-13 months late. :spock: I'm still burned up about the fact that Eric's was built last year by NAMM 2014 and put on display with the only remaining issue being that the electronics needed to be completed and yet here we are a year later and apparently he still doesn't have a guitar in his hand (or a refund unless I missed that part)? Shameful.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Yours was a guitar he cancelled and took a lot of convincing not to steal your money, right?

People really think he's shady like Sherman or BRJ? For clarification, Vik is not the kind of dude to steal someones money. He's not shady in that respect. If he was then I would never throw money at him myself. Say what you want, Im not gonna try and prove anything, but for those wondering anything along the lines of him knowingly canceling an order and saying "haha screw you Im not making your guitar or ever giving you your money back" is absolutely something that he would NEVER do. If you knew him in person you would see that he is way more passionate and a much kinder person than some make him out to be based on stuff typed on the internet. Im sure there are some scumbag politicians who come across as dirtbags on the internet and who are indeed dirtbags in real life. Vik is a really kind man in real life. He's very polite and respectful in person. There is no weirdness or weird vibes in person, hes just not like that in person. Aside from controversial postings on Facebook, his main challenge right now is to make guitars, but Im pretty sure hes gotten good headway on that. No guitar builders are on time, none! If you want something high end and on time then go with Mayones.

Well it was cancelled (one of three) but I don't think there was any intention to steal my money. But there is a lot of opportunity cost in sitting around waiting 2.5/3 years for a guitar, and I feel like a refund would no longer be fair recompense. So I was quite adamant about receiving this particular guitar.

Im glad you got it. It looks great! Thanks for posting the pics! Now if the other 12 people from the past year who got guitar from ViK would just post em up as well.

And lastly, regarding Eric's guitar. Eric really needs to chime in and tell us whats going on. I for one actually consider it to not be my problem and Id be content not knowing, but for the sake of some of you who really need to know, maybe he can shed some light. There may be more to it than we know. If not then it will come out after he does receive the guitar. I'll ask Vik about it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
People really think he's shady like Sherman or BRJ? For clarification, Vik is not the kind of dude to steal someones money. He's not shady in that respect. If he was then I would never throw money at him myself. Say what you want, Im not gonna try and prove anything, but for those wondering anything along the lines of him knowingly canceling an order and saying "haha screw you Im not making your guitar or ever giving you your money back" is absolutely something that he would NEVER do. If you knew him in person you would see that he is way more passionate and a much kinder person than some make him out to be based on stuff typed on the internet. Im sure there are some scumbag politicians who come across as dirtbags on the internet and who are indeed dirtbags in real life. Vik is a really kind man in real life. He's very polite and respectful in person. There is no weirdness or weird vibes in person, hes just not like that in person.

Yeah, but both Sherman and Bernie were the same way. Super nice guys, willing to help out and bend over backwards to make people happy. Totally ethical and not at all shady. And then stuff started going sideways, with people not getting their guitars, lack of communication, etc. And then they were shady and didn't deliver on orders. You can't fault anyone who's been on here for a couple of years from getting nervous about someone doing what Vik is doing, because while the end result might be different, the path, at this point, is the same.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Regarding the status of my guitar: I haven't heard a peep from Vik in about 9 or 10 months and am still waiting. Were rapidly coming up on the second anniversary of me sending him full payment. Hopefully the piezo issue is fixed soon.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Regarding the status of my guitar: I haven't heard a peep from Vik in about 9 or 10 months and am still waiting. Were rapidly coming up on the second anniversary of me sending him full payment. Hopefully the piezo issue is fixed soon.

That is weird. I'll hit him up

VVolverin3

Cool beans
Reaction score
if you dont mind, what did he charge for the build? completely understand if you dont want to post publicly

Hey man, it was $4150US*. $2K deposit payed ~2 years ago (think it was actually Feb 3, 2013 if I remember correctly), then paid the rest very late december. I had assumed that was the price for the guitar alone but as it turned out the $150 part was to account for shipping. Vik (politely) asked (after having sent the guitar) if I could pay an extra $120US because he didn't realise how expensive it was to ship to Australia. I did pay that extra bit because I do know how expensive it is to ship large stuff (like guitars) to Australia on an individual basis - and as I said, I was already expecting to pay more on top for shipping anyway.

Normally I wouldn't want to share the amount but the fact is the Duality 7 that I got isn't strictly speaking a custom shop model as it's a fixed set of specs that had a fixed price that was publicly posted on his website.

*This is the reason I wished I'd payed the guitar off a month or two earlier. When the Aussie dollar was a bit stronger! :p

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
If you knew him in person you would see that he is way more passionate and a much kinder person than some make him out to be based on stuff typed on the internet. Im sure there are some scumbag politicians who come across as dirtbags on the internet and who are indeed dirtbags in real life.

Good to know he is just a virtual scumbag :lol:

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
... Vik is not the kind of dude to steal someones money. ...

So the reports of him canceling people's build because of perceived (or well deserved) slights and refusing to refund deposits are all false? And the reports of attempts to renegotiate prices are all false? etc. etc.

... He's not shady in that respect. ...
So you agree he's shady in other respects? :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the reports of him canceling people's build because of perceived (or well deserved) slights and refusing to refund deposits are all false? And the reports of attempts to renegotiate prices are all false? etc. etc.

So you agree he's shady in other respects? :lol:

I'm really starting to think that he's not actually for Vik, but performing some GREAT satire. It's gotta be. :rofl:

')