Vik Guitars - SS.org Run Build Thread (Run is CLOSED)

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Updated with pricing quote and options as of 8/6/11

Base Model: 3130 USD, deposit is 700 USD. You are SAVING about 600 USD, maybe a bit more.

Shipping via EMS usually comes out to about $100.

Model: Caprice S body shape *** I've emailed about changing this to the custom shape and will update it ASAP

strings: 7 strings

scale: Fanned! 25-27"

frets: 24

neck/body system: Bolt On

fingerboard: Ebony or Ziricote

fingerboard radius: 20" radius

Neck wood: Birdseye maple

Body wood: Mahogany or Swamp Ash

Top wood: Burl maple

Headstock: Reverse inline

Fretwire type and gauge: Stainless steel

Binding: body

Binding Colour: Black

inlays: none

side dots: glow in the dark

hardware color: Black

bridge: Fixed

tuners: Gotoh locking

pickups: ViK

controls layout: vol and 3 way switch

Knobs: Volume knob

Strap buttons: straplocks

Finish: High Gloss front/Satin back

Options

Set Neck instead of Bolt-On: $120

Indian Rosewood neck instead of Birdseye Maple: $250

Birdseye maple fretboard: $15 off base price

Binding: $20

Wooden pickup covers: 80 USD

5 Piece birdseye/rosewood/birdseye/rosewood/birdseye neck: 30 USD

ABM Piezo Saddles and Graphtech Ghost Preamp: inquire for price (expensive)

Compound or 20" radius: NO charge

Change top wood from curled maple to spalted: Possible upcharge depending on piece, possibly not.

Five piece neck instead of one piece birds eye maple: Depends on woods used.

Inlay work: Depends on a per customer basis (obviously more elaborate designs will be more)

Lefty option is available at no extra charge :)

So hopefully the final product will be something looking like this with a bunch of minor differences:

IMG_0753-Edit_%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B9%20%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80.jpg

Here's the mockup
Saviour%207FF%20LTD_design.jpg

And the specs sheet:

Saviour%207FF%20LTD_specs.jpg

Replying to the questions asked:

EMS shipping rates are approx. 50EUR for EUROPE and 100USD for rest of the world. All US shipments I've made came to recipient within a week. In Europe customs like to bend terms but usually within 10 days.
Incoming taxes are on buyers, however I help with that or at least try to.
A hardshell case is included for additional charge of 60-140USD depending on the model.

I can't promise any timelines now as I keep getting usual orders but you can expect your order to be completed with a year from the run start. There will be general build thread on ViK guitars forum with many pics of the process and comments.

As long as I'm concerned about everyone's being happy about this run and keeping in mind the number of custom projects I have on plate right now I'm forced to limit this run to 5 "runners" max. So basically if we get 5 people ready to place the deposit by the end of August we're good to go. Less will cancel the run. Only 5 guitars will be processed.

"Runners" will pick woods from offered in the turn of being placed in the list.
Here's some sample (may not be the actual pieces) you can expect:
burl%20sample.jpg

spalted%20sample.jpg

Birdseye%20Blanks.jpg

As the addition to offered I'd like to propose to come up with a title for the run and a graphic symbol that could as well be inlaid on the 1th fret area on all the 5 guitars. As contribute to history and mark of belonging to a limited run.

I believe this is all for now.
Please ,ask all questions before confirming your spot!
Thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
If he'll do a lefty version, my guitar whoring ways will take the best of me and I'll be in.

clintsal

Humbub
Reaction score
Hummm baby!! If these end up costing under 2k, I'll have to sell some gear to finance mine!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
If he can make it an 8 with a longer scale I may be in.. :agreed:

I don't know if I really want a fanned 7.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, we'll figure out the price once specs are settled on, just need to gauge a bit of interest for now :D

Aiming for 5-7 people.
Good luck -- you'll need it. Getting people to agree on custom shop specs and then still agree to pay the price is the hardest part.

I found till you don't get a price estimate you're pretty much just shooting blanks. The entire world will agree with you on specs... till they find out it's not $1500 (or whever they thought it'd be)

:lol:

Reaction score
Hummm baby!! If these end up costing under 2k, I'll have to sell some gear to finance mine!

There's really no way I can see it getting that low, I know Rob did the crazy awesome value KxK run, but he said he's done with that for now.

Good luck -- you'll need it. Getting people to agree on custom shop specs and then still agree to pay the price is the hardest part.

I found till you don't get a price estimate you're pretty much just shooting blanks. The entire world will agree with you on specs... till they find out it's not $1500 (or whever they thought it'd be)

:lol:

Word :lol:

Lets say upper 2k (like really upper) and low 3k for now.

pylyo

Reaction score
I'm pretty much in but I prefer 6 stringer, especially if it lowers the price.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
$1750 and then I'll be talky talky...too rich for my blood, especially after not playing one.