Vildhjarta thread!!

• Thread starter ZeroCool
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
SORRY,dont neg rep me for this,is just an OPINION,i'm not saying that they are shit.they are talented musicians with great songwriting skills,but FOR ME is "just another djent band" ,djent is a trend nowadays.everybody plays it,and probably now a lot of bands are ripping off what Vildhjarta and Periphery do.I call myself out of this genre.
and again is an OPINION,maybe i'm just a dumbass.is a matter of taste,if you like djent,i can just say "well,you like it,and if this gives you inspiration,go for it,write your music"
so guys,take care,keep listening djent.:shred:
tdo.

Luppin

Reaction score
SORRY,dont neg rep me for this,is just an OPINION,i'm not saying that they are shit.they are talented musicians with great songwriting skills,but FOR ME is "just another djent band" ,djent is a trend nowadays.everybody plays it,and probably now a lot of bands are ripping off what Vildhjarta and Periphery do.I call myself out of this genre.
and again is an OPINION,maybe i'm just a dumbass.is a matter of taste,if you like djent,i can just say "well,you like it,and if this gives you inspiration,go for it,write your music"
so guys,take care,keep listening djent.:shred:
tdo.

Their EP Omnislash came out in 2009, which I do believe is quite a bit before the whole djent trend went into full effect.

Sikthness

Reaction score
Their EP Omnislash came out in 2009, which I do believe is quite a bit before the whole djent trend went into full effect.

Not sure about this, 2009 had plenty of djent in full effect. Anyway Ive always kinda thought that Vildj were cool, but nowhere near to gods most make them out to be. The EP was ok, got a few spins outta it. But this Thall or whatever it is called has me excited, if just for that insanely crushing tone. I think its gonna be a huge step forward instead of djent-by-numbers.

ZeroCool

Reaction score
Saturated as djent may be, Vildhjarta has, imho, better songwriting skills than the vast majority. That's how they keep people listening. They may not be tech god of gods, maybe eventually?, but they sure know how to write a damn good song.

Mexi

Reaction score
their percussive grooves and muting is definitely what sets their sound apart from the rest of the djent/BWOOWWW kind of sound thats pretty big these days

not that I have a problem with guitars that go BWOW

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
besides listening to their Omnilash EP, I haven't really explored this band so much. I keep hearing things about a full length album - anyone who wanna fill me in on that? - which I'd have to check out/buy/rape-my-speakers-with when due! :)

Xiphos68

Reaction score
I keep hearing things about a full length album - anyone who wanna fill me in on that?

They recently were signed to Century Media records and they plan on releasing there first album with them.

Not sure what they're recording at the moment. They released this video of a few months ago:

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
They recently were signed to Century Media records and they plan on releasing there first album with them.

Not sure what they're recording at the moment. They released this video of a few months ago:

Sounds incredibly evil :D

Just checked their FaceBook, and the 22. of august they wrote:
Greetings loyal minions!
We know we haven't been very responsive to your love, sorry about that.

The album is done and sent to Jens Bogren for mastering. Stay tuned for Century Media to announce the release date! We'll try and release as many teasers and songs as possible prior to the release. We the album won't disappoint you guys!

We are also really happy to announce that vildhjarta is sponsored by Invictus guitars UK. Go and check them out for some of their works!
guess it's just a simple matter of time before something crazy gets announced :)

ZeroCool

Reaction score
besides listening to their Omnilash EP, I haven't really explored this band so much. I keep hearing things about a full length album - anyone who wanna fill me in on that? - which I'd have to check out/buy/rape-my-speakers-with when due! :)

Coming soon. There is a teaser posted in this thread. Proceed with caution. Their music may melt your face off.

')