Vince's album...

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I concur. I actually learned how to play the rhythm guitar for some of Vince's tracks, which is something you'd imagine you'd only do with some famous band or something. But I think Vince's album is vastly superior to most famous bands, anyway. :yesway:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dude the "Spirits Rise" riff and melody fucking own. Vince, I demand you tab them for me. :agreed:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to buy this. I've listened to the tracks on his website, very cool.

I'm really interested in hearing the new stuff, though. :yesway:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Dude the "Spirits Rise" riff and melody fucking own. Vince, I demand you tab them for me. :agreed:
haha, I had that as my myspace tune for a while, I didn't even realize that desertdweller was vince till about 3 weeks ago, I quivered when I found out and felt honored... Vince you're the man.:hbang:

Spirits Rise is a bad ass song:), not to mention my favorite melody ever on the chorus

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love Screaming Into The Abyss. It is such a great album and an inspiration. Vince has done an exceptional job on this album and alot of props to him. :vince: Spirits Rise rules. :agreed:

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
wow, thanks guys! I love that all you guys got so deep into the album and still listen to it. It's also nice to hear some positive feedback on Spirits Rise. David especially, that's fucking badass about the myspace thing :yesway: I took a risk putting that song first on the disc instead of Trail of Light, and at first I had second thoughts about it. I still think I buried ToL too far back on the disc at #5, but a year later, Spirits Rise is still one of my own personal favorites off that disc.

As for the new band, we're recording right now. The drums are taking just a little longer than we had originally expected, but we've finished 9 of the 12 songs on drums now, so doing the math Steve's only got three more to go. He's absolutely kicking ass too. People are going to talk about him like they talk about Ray Hererra (from Fear Factory), only this time the drummer is NOT a drum machine. Steve has some seriously insane double bass skills. He'll be done recording in a few days, then it's the bassist's turn, then mine, then our singer, then a month or so later we release the disc. I didn't tour in support of my solo album, but we'll definitely be touring in support of The Asylum's album, at least regionally. I can't wait to finish this album!

')