Vinnie Moore: 'Mind's Eye' appreciation thread

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just listening to this right now...such an underrated album these days. No-one seems to talk about it anymore. He was easily one of the tastiest guitarists to emerge from that era. Does anyone else think he sounds more like a hot-rodded Michael Schenker (in his tone and phrasing in particular) than Yngwie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Love this CD, Love just about anything from the Vinman
"The Maze" is my favorite

BigM555

I SS.org Salute You!
Contributor
Reaction score
:yesway: Love this album.

Always wanted to learn Lifeforce when I was a kid but it was soooo far beyond my capabilities. I actually can handle much of it now but lack the motivation to learn it note for note. :D

YYZ2112

Um, yeah.....
Contributor
Reaction score
Great album. I thought he was a very tasteful player on this album. His tone was definitely different than the other shred guys out there back then. :yesway:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, this album brings back a lot of memories. I first heard about it because one of the tracks was featured on a Guitar Player magazine soundpage. Vinnie has a lot of taste, but I think he developed his own thing more later on. The sound and style on Mind's Eye are extremely typical of the "Shrapnel sound." Basically, I think that Mike Varney brought all of the shred guys in and worked up the albums very quickly using the same guitar rigs, rhythm sections, and production style. Despite that, Mind's Eye has a lot of good stuff on it.

subatomicsatan

Reaction score
Damn. I have this on vinyl. I got it when it was first released.

I've not listened to it in years (decades?!) as I no longer have a turntable.

')