Vintage brand guitars?

• Thread starter a_hub10
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

a_hub10

NANNIE DOSS!
Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a tele but don't want to pay an arm and a leg. Anyone have any experience with the Vintage brand in general?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

a_hub10

NANNIE DOSS!
Reaction score
They're fucking hard to search for on ebay unless you use the specific model name. I know, because I'm looking right now :(

What model are you looking for? I'm going to be doing a lot of shopping around and if i find what you want i'll let you know.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 Vintage from JHS guitars, a Vintage Advanced Series AV6P and a Vintage Reissued V6BB from 2009 so it has the "poplar" body and not alder.

The AV6P with it's alder body has substantial weight and sounds really good. The neck is "raw" (unfinished) and a fairly chunky piece of wood that I like a lot. The pickups are really versatile with the humbucker P90s rolling off (not on/off splitting) to single coils. The trem I have really tight to the body so it's as close to a fixed bridge as I can get so I can't comment on it's use as a trem.

The V6BB is one of the guttsiest Strat style guitars I have ever tried (20+ years playing). The neck is much slimmer than the AV6 and due to this is much speedier than the AV6. The pickups sound huge for single coils, it's awesome. I generally consider myself to have a "humbuckers and set neck" preference but every time I pick up this guitar I love it even more.

In summary, I don't have a Tele from Vintage but I am seriously considering one. For the price you can get these things I would try one of these before buying anything else, certainly I can see myself choosing one of these over a Squier or an Epiphone. If you have read the reviews and wondered "can they be that good?" then I would say yes.

If you are in the States though, you may find them a bit more pricey than Europe, certainly more than the UK where they can be got on ebay very cheap.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I have a Vintage V100 Les Paul copy in iced tea burst. Here it is:

Cameraphotos001.jpg

It's a really nice guitar but I just never play it anymore, I'm trying to sell it now. It sounds great (especially for the money) and it's well made... all the right woods, set neck etc., and looks lovely too. But I just don't get on with LPs anymore, and I need the space.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The Vintage guitars I've played haven't been too great. They're quite low end instruments.

xeL

Reaction score
I have a Vintage VRS100 (PRS copy) which really dissapointed me after hearing of their good quality for low priced instruments, I would liken it to an Epiphone Standard at best.

weiner

Reaction score
My first ever electric guitar was a Vintage Les Paul. It held up pretty well, not the best guitar ever.

a_hub10

NANNIE DOSS!
Reaction score
So real questions are, how do they compare to say......mim fenders? I can get the one that i'm looking at for only $350 (US).

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Our store got an offer to become Vintage dealers. Our rep brought in a Tele style, a LP style, and an SG style. I honestly dug the SG the most, I thought the Tele just felt too cheap. Ultimately, we didn't end up picking the line up, but they aren't terrible for the price.

Flip Downey

Dr. Heavy
Reaction score
Ya they aren't the best guitars. I own an SG and LP copy by vintage. The LP seems much better than the SG. I compared it with my friends LP Studio and thought that it held its own, not as nice but good. I would compare the LP by Vintage to an Agile. The V100 is like an AL3000 really nice but not the best.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I used to be a vintage dealer, I'd say you can get a better squier for your money, their Tele's are fairly pants and that's coming from a dealer. They're Les Pauls are good for the money, and the V300 acoustic is excellent value, their tele's are just awful.

Squier Classic Vibe :yesway:

a_hub10

NANNIE DOSS!
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a V62. I got to play several models and talked to a guy in one of the local bands about his. They play great compared to mim fenders and anything similar. Thanks for the help guys.

')