Vinyl pinstriping

• Thread starter Captain Shoggoth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Anyone got any experience with it? Wondering if it's as simple as buying + cutting out some vinyl decal tape; or if in practice the tape won't survive playing live / would leave residue on the finish, or even damage the finish if removed.

Would be going on an E-II with normal poly gloss finish. Any experiences / alternative methods welcome. Ideally the best thing would be to tape off and just paint them on but clear coating is well above my pay grade.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Anyone got any experience with it? Wondering if it's as simple as buying + cutting out some vinyl decal tape; or if in practice the tape won't survive playing live / would leave residue on the finish, or even damage the finish if removed.

Would be going on an E-II with normal poly gloss finish. Any experiences / alternative methods welcome. Ideally the best thing would be to tape off and just paint them on but clear coating is well above my pay grade.
You can definitely just do the pinstriping tape, but it will eventually come off. The adhesive generally isn't super strong with vinyl tape ime. I ended up supergluing down the pinstripes on my frankenstein star and it hasn't moved since I glued it down.