Vito Bratta fans

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, for those who actually know who Vito Bratta is, I found this small tribute page to him.

:hbang: Vito Bratta :hbang:

Personally, I absolutely love his playing in White Lion. His lead playing was a huge influence on me. I'm sure that's where my love of tapping & Steinbergers came from. I just wish I knew where he is now. Long live Vito, wherever he may be.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
fuck man, you just gave me a flashback of When The Children Cry at like probably a seventh grade dance...spooky

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
7slinger said:
fuck man, you just gave me a flashback of When The Children Cry at like probably a seventh grade dance...spooky

LOL....that's about my era as well.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
"Let's Get Crazy" still has some of the nastiest guitar work I've ever heard. It is a crying shame that Vito didn't get as much recognition as Nuno, because they were stylisticly very similar, and Vito predated Nuno by about three years.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Vito was awesome! I used to listen to some White Lion. Even though I was thrash metal and hated any glam I really dug their work and Vito was extremely talented. Funny too cause I had three of their albums on tape and recently downloaded them in MP3 format just a few weeks ago and listened to all the albums again :)

Rev.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:agreed: His playing with White Lion.

Cool. I used to be into White Lion back in like '87, '88. I lost interest in them later on. I still have some old White Lion that I'll listen to once in a great while.:D

That said, It'd be cool if VH1 did a Where Are They Now with Vito or did they already do it.....long live Vito Bratta. :yesway:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He was a cool player, and the rhythm section was quite good. Too bad about the singer.

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
He's the sole reason why I still have White Lion recordings. I loved his tone, technique, and I always thought his note choice was cool even on super simple butt rock anthem kind of stuff.

Does anybody know where he is now?

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Christopher said:
Does anybody know where he is now?

Yeah, I wonder if he's still living in Staten Island (New York). My co-worker went to his house once with his friends cause they found out where he lived. He said he was the coolest guy. They rang the doorbell and his mom answered and they were like, "Is Vito home?" She said yeah hold on and got him. He invited them into his house and they hung out with him for an hour or two!

Rev.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
Vito was awesome! I used to listen to some White Lion. Even though I was thrash metal and hated any glam I really dug their work and Vito was extremely talented. Funny too cause I had three of their albums on tape and recently downloaded them in MP3 format just a few weeks ago and listened to all the albums again :)

Rev.

Same here. I was a totally thrash & speed metal fan, but I couldn't deny that Vito had the goods. Out of hair metal, White Lion was one of the few hair bands I dug.

SevenatoR

Seven String Slinger
Reaction score
I always wondered what he could do in a meaner song context. Although I confess, I liked almost every song on the first White Lion Album...Especially 'Lady of the Valley' :cool:

*Runs away to download mp3's and have a flashback*

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
noodles said:
"I nevah had a chance to lahve you." Yeah, he sucked.
Depends on what you're into, I guess. I thought he was a great singer. I certainly couldn't sing like he did.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Donnie said:
Depends on what you're into, I guess. I thought he was a great singer. I certainly couldn't sing like he did.

+1

I'd rather have Mike Tramp's voice than Vito's face... I'm sorry, but the dude was just ugh-lee. :eek:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Ken Burtch said:
+1

I'd rather have Mike Tramp's voice than Vito's face... I'm sorry, but the dude was just ugh-lee. :eek:
He's quite handsome compared to the trol...er, fine fellow, next to him in this dandy of a pic ;)
edvito.jpg

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
He's quite handsome compared to the trol...er, fine fellow, next to him in this dandy of a pic ;)
edvito.jpg

Hey, say what you want about Danny Bonaduce's dad. :lol: We're just lucky those shades are hiding the bulbs that are his eyes.

jski7

Reaction score
Nice . IMO , Vito was probably one of the more unique players at the time , simply because of his style . Reb Beach was kick-ass as well , along with Dave and Snake , and of course Nuno . I think Reb and Vito are instantly recognizable though . All the others were good , but cut from the same mold . I miss that era simply because that's where most of my influences came from and you actually could hear a little "technique" on the airwaves .

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
jski7 said:
Reb Beach was kick-ass as well , along with Dave and Snake , and of course Nuno . I think Reb and Vito are instantly recognizable though.
You ever hear Reb's solo stuff? :bowdown: That dude is an awesome player. I'm a huge Reb fan, and even a huge Winger fan (fuck Metallica's darts, man :lol: ), because of him. In fact, the first guitar I ever seriously lusted after was the Reb Beach Ibanez. :yum:

jski7

Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
You ever hear Reb's solo stuff? :bowdown: That dude is an awesome player. I'm a huge Reb fan, and even a huge Winger fan (fuck Metallica's darts, man :lol: ), because of him. In fact, the first guitar I ever seriously lusted after was the Reb Beach Ibanez. :yum:

I've only heard something off a Guitar World compilation a long time ago (it's on casette , that's how long ago) . It kicked serious ass , I agree . Reb is one of my faves too , and I'll go down as saying I like Winger as well . Probably my favorite solo of his is the outro on "Headed For a Heartbreak" because it's him just going off . You can tell it's a one-take deal . He nailed it , and the producer probably said "That's the shit right there , we're keeping it ." It's long too , which is a rare find for that time period . Usually , even the album tracks were edited to radio length . Man , that was a good time for guitarists . That's the reason I'm trying to start a cover band playing the stuff . It's too damn fun to resist :yesway: .

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
jski7 said:
Probably my favorite solo of his is the outro on "Headed For a Heartbreak" because it's him just going off . You can tell it's a one-take deal . He nailed it , and the producer probably said "That's the shit right there , we're keeping it ." It's long too , which is a rare find for that time period . Usually , even the album tracks were edited to radio length .
I heard a funny story Reb was talking about when... shit, I forget who... some famous guitarist... I think maybe Paul Gilbert, was talking about that exact solo. He was amazed, saying, "How did you get a solo that long on a radio song?!"
He has a pretty good album out, called 'Masquerade'. You can hear samples on his website (www.rebbeach.com duh :lol: ). There's a really cool song called 'Sorow Stained Eyes' that sounds just terrific. (I cued Drew into it, just wanting to talk and shoot the shit about Reb's music, since I was so impressed by it. But no... all the fucker could do is complain about Reb's tone :lol: which I personally find fantastic! It's too Marshall-y for our boy :drew: )

Latest posts

')