Vito Bratta...

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
His rhythm playing actually used to knock me out the most. Not the ballads, but the mid tempo stuff with all those inverted chords, upper position chords with open strings, 7th chords etc. Very cool.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
His rhythm playing actually used to knock me out the most. Not the ballads, but the mid tempo stuff with all those inverted chords, upper position chords with open strings, 7th chords etc. Very cool.

:agreed: I'm guessing that's his Elton John influence showing.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
I sooo listened to this band as a teen.
Brata is indeed one of the great 80's players. I think he had his share of reconnaisance though.

What the hell happened to him?

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score

IBZ Addict

Reaction score
He was a great guitar player. I remember my old band opening up for White Lion countless times at L'amour here in NYC. Don't forget the solo to "Little Fighter" for some good melodic phrasing as well.

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
Wicked player ...one of the best melodic phrasing of the 80's ..I agree with Distressed romeo on that one ( wait's solo ) is just chalk full of great idea's and my personal favorite is the solo in little fighter ..MAN it's a METRIC TON melodic . I think is chops where at the top on those tunes .Cheers for injecting some Vito in my day !!!

YouTube - White Lion Little Fighter Vito Bratta 80's glam metal

Reaction score
I always regarded him a a true cut above and with the wrong band. BTW, I couldn't find a current picture of him (which is why he probably hasn't been seen in a dozen years).

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Vito is purely amazing. That's really all that needs to be said.

nienturi

Reaction score
Vito, hm?

I find his playing has someting very unique. His lead playing, his solos, short licks, arpeggios, taps etc.

My most fav. Vito moments are the complete "Pride" album and his royal piece for SRV "Blue Monday"

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wish I could have found a video link for 'Love Don't Come Easy'. That's probably the best solo he ever recorded OMHO, and the tapping riff in it's sweet.:shred:

Oh, and I still want a Vito-style Steinberger!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Vito always has been underrated, as has Nuno Bettencourt. A lot of the bands with power ballads as their big hits got pigeon-holed as crap, but some of those bands (Extreme, White Lion, Saigon Kick) had some unbelievable guitarists.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Vito always has been underrated, as has Nuno Bettencourt. A lot of the bands with power ballads as their big hits got pigeon-holed as crap, but some of those bands (Extreme, White Lion, Saigon Kick) had some unbelievable guitarists.

:agreed:

nienturi

Reaction score

I aggree, dude...

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I always kind of wondered what happened to him. Figured I would have seen him involved in something at some point. Anyway, nice to hear that he's getting back into playing. Wish him the best. If the white lion thing isn't happening, he should just get together with some other people.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I always thought that Vito was the guy who took the EVH school of playing as far as it could go. His sense of melody and phrasing were amazing, and his chord choices were always ridiculously well thought out.

Vito, Nuno, and Reb Beach are probably the three guys in hair bands that had the ability to write poppy sounding stuff that was far more complicated than first listen suggested.

')