Vivian Campbell Hot Licks video

• Thread starter Ancestor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I still want to own a copy of this. I used to have it and I really took a lot of my playing style from it. Check out the awesome power of Viv's left hand, his phrasing and funkiness! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Vivian Campbell was a bad ass in his Dio days. He was pretty good in Riverdogs. Then he joined Def Leppard and forgot how to play.

Svartmetall

Reaction score
Eeek..quite a few wrong and fluffed notes in that second one (surprised they let that go on an instructional tape), and horrible tone in both. At one point Campbell and Jake E. Lee were the two up-and-coming names in guitar, and of the two I actually always preferred Jake's playing; he had at least as much in the way of chops, and IMO way better vibrato and tone. Listen Ozzy's 'Ultimate Sin' and Dio's 'Sacred Heart', two albums that came out at almost exactly the same time, and you'll see what I mean.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Pretty cool stuff...makes me wanna practice those techniques some more. Brad Gillis is the only other guy I remember doing that 'right-hand-behind-left' pull-off thing.

It's funny, I used to play a similar 'grabbing the neck' lick when I was back in school just to freak out other guitarists when I played with them for the first time...:lol:

')