Vola Guitars - What do you know?

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Whoa these are an amazing price now. I'm still not convinced with the Vola's I played, but I've been eyeing Joss' signature for a while, I just couldn't stomach how much was asked. But $1200 for a MIJ signature? Man, that's pretty fantastic pricing.

EDIT: Damn its even free shipping and no tax.

19_MainWholeBody_19f8f77a-0661-4166-8ec0-76c786e72a46.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Whoa these are an amazing price now. I'm still not convinced with the Vola's I played, but I've been eyeing Joss' signature for a while, I just couldn't stomach how much was asked. But $1200 for a MIJ signature? Man, that's pretty fantastic pricing.

EDIT: Damn its even free shipping and no tax.
What didn't you like?

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
What didn't you like?
I got to try several out at a shop a year or two ago. The necks were wildly inconsistent with some being genuine baseball bats. And the quality vs price just was not worth it all. I always thought that their used prices (which is essentially what their new price is now) were a much better representation of what you got.

@Legion Caparisons have much better quality than these, in my experience. Just fyi

S4M4R1N

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got to try several out at a shop a year or two ago. The necks were wildly inconsistent with some being genuine baseball bats. And the quality vs price just was not worth it all. I always thought that their used prices (which is essentially what their new price is now) were a much better representation of what you got.

@Legion Caparisons have much better quality than these, in my experience. Just fyi
From what I know, 2-3 years ago there were many Classic C aka "baseball bat" models while they were introducing more and more Modern C models. Most of them had reverse headstocks and similar finishes. Perhaps you mistook CC models with MC models?

Maybe I got lucky, but in my experience, Vola overall QC is better than any Ibanez that I have played. Before going for OZ7, I tried an AZ Prestige and was totally baffled. The build quality was nowhere near 5000 series RG Prestige, let alone signature model DCM100. Factory setup was horrible. So I got really brave after that :D Thankfully my OZ7 turned out great for the price then and is a total steal for the new price.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta check if the website ships to EU with no import taxes (since the currency is in EUR I'm not sure where they ship from). If that's the case I might pick up a Vasti 7 in the near future.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Does it come with that Instagram filter too? :lol:
Joking aside, apart from the colour it looks pretty sweet. Just hope they offer it as a 6 in green! I didn't like the whole clear pickguard thing on his other one.
I wonder if this hints at new Faceless material actually surfacing soon?

død

Reaction score
Doesn’t look like it’s up on the site yet, but according to Michael Keene’s Instagram his green sig will still be produced, as well as a new orange 7 string.

I can smell this picture.

S4M4R1N

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is crazy ya'll. MIJ 7-string guitars that cost less than €1000 and 6-strings for less than €800... I don't know how they pull it off.

Bought my OZ7 before they went direct, so that means that I will probably never sell it... This also makes me wonder how much money is Ibanez making on their Prestige line :D
Снимок экрана 2023-08-24 в 13.54.22.png

A.JohnHayes

Gallops go brrr
Reaction score
This is crazy ya'll. MIJ 7-string guitars that cost less than €1000 and 6-strings for less than €800... I don't know how they pull it off.

Bought my OZ7 before they went direct, so that means that I will probably never sell it... This also makes me wonder how much money is Ibanez making on their Prestige line :D
View attachment 129552
Where are you, out of interest? I’m in Ireland and the prices are roughly €200 higher. Probably a difference in VAT etc I’d imagine?

Masoo2

Reaction score

View attachment 129552
To think I almost paid $1700 for an OZ 7T right when they first came out lmAO

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be up for trying one but I just do not like fat-ass guitar shapes. Main reason I don't like LPs or PRSs etc. When the lower bouts are majorly wider than the horns, it feels unbalance to look at.

Reactions: FTB

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
They're all a steal until you see this for $4k and the only USA built one for some reason :lol:

Also, why no more 7 string Ares-es? :(

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'd be up for trying one but I just do not like fat-ass guitar shapes. Main reason I don't like LPs or PRSs etc. When the lower bouts are majorly wider than the horns, it feels unbalance to look at.
All bodies are beautiful! Lol

I actually agree with you, though. If this were more offset I think it would work really well. These are definitely a steal at the price, though.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Where are you, out of interest? I’m in Ireland and the prices are roughly €200 higher. Probably a difference in VAT etc I’d imagine?

The 7 string signatures show 1399€ in Spain, compared to the 1126€ shown in that picture. What a way to hype things up to be completely dissapointed soon after :lol:

geetarwolf

Reaction score
Vola can make you the Keene models if you reach out to them. They come with thinner necks and are built to order in the states.
I just ordered one and I’ll report back with my take on it once I’ve had it for a bit.
I’ve got high hopes for it! I’m a big fan of Keene.

Latest posts

')