Volumes produced band - New "Djent-Core"?

Rayan22

Coat of Arms UAE
Reaction score
Check this attempt at "Djent-core" by a band based in the UAE/Qatar called Coat of Arms. The album is available to stream free for 2 weeks.

Record was mixed, mastered, and produced by Diego Farias of Volumes!

Click here to take you to the bandcamp --> Coat Of Arms

Feedback is welcomed!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Is there a one dude doing 90% of these djent band's artwork? It all looks pretty same to me, especially comparing this one to Volumes' Via. Don't get me wrong, I like those album covers but would a little originality kill them?

shpence

Reaction score
Is there a one dude doing 90% of these djent band's artwork? It all looks pretty same to me, especially comparing this one to Volumes' Via. Don't get me wrong, I like those album covers but would a little originality kill them?

Haha that's the first thing I thought after clicking the link.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
Another generic djent band, now with 95% more -core.
Keep scrolling.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
You fucking kids and your genres...

It's fucking metal music!

Genres help people to separate what they like and what they dont like, and do me the whole djent genre is bad. It cant just be "all metal". This is very different than Napalm Death, and Napalm Death is very different than lets say, Viraemia. I count djent as barely metal genre, kinda like metalcore. It has metal in it, but it has -core in it, which could mean anything, it mostly means hardcore. Djent is a branch of progressive metal mixed with metalcore or deathcore, and it uses the "djent" as palm muted power chord, which is supposed to be heavy but it fails hard. Also the generic and sometimes annoying vocals, generic band names (OH GOD THE PLURALS) and very predictable songs and song structures. A lot of djent bands are talented players as in technique, but to me they seriously suck at songwriting, the poppy choruses that a lot of bands utilize draw me off because usually its male clean vocal use high notes, which 99% of time sound like young girl and that annoys me, its something like you would see in pop music. In metal, clean vocals if any should be done with power and passion, not whiny poppy "sweetiness". A lot of people say that djent is heavy, but i fail to see it, hear it, or feel it, chugging the first string in polyrhythm proves to be ineffective in being heavy, especially that the tone of most djent bands is clean and dry, no fizz, no grind, no raw bowel crushing shit, only "djenty" midrange that sounds retarded to me. And the lyrics most of time dont lead anywhere and are an attempt to sound intelligent, yet they fail because themes of mathemathics and space and shit are poorly developed. The last thing is that it seems that every djent band attempts to sound like other djent band, which gives us generic djent band overflow, which is sad.

So i hope you understand why i dislike djent.
Have a nice day.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Sounds exactly like every other djent band. And this is coming from someone who enjoys djent.