Vote, or forever be damned!

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fav. Thrash Band

• Megadeth

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Anthrax

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Slayer

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Metallica

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Testament

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Dark Angel

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • KREATOR RAAAAAAH! EXTREEEEME AGGRESSSSSSION!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
the lack of swedish alternatives!

went for slayer tho - (together with DA and Testament) atleast they kept their thrash quality!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heh, thanks for the help moderinos:yesway: Considerng Dark Angel and Testament made the cut, I'd personally have added Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, Sepultura, Coroner and Death Angel, but restraint has always been something I've struggled with, heh.

It's a tossup between Anthrax and Testament for me. Testament for their songwriting and the Skolnick factor, and Anthrax for the pure rifforama, Charlie Benante's drumming, and Dan Spitz' leads, while he may not have been nearly as original or distinctive as the other big thrash lead players he came up with a lot of catchy stuff.

After those two, I'd vote Slayer, then Dark Angel, then Megadeth, then Metallica. Megadeth and Metallica have never really seemed very consistent to me, but I always liked Megadeth's lead players and hated Kirk Hammett with a passion, hence why Metallica lose. Slayer have dropped majorly but you can't deny the greatness of the Lombardo era. I'd probably vote Dark Angel higher if I'd ever bothered to track down more than Darkness Descends, oh well.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I voted Megadeth being Flotsam and Jetsam and Exodus aren't on there. Flotsam is my first fav then Exodus, then Megadeth.

Rev.

settite

Legion of Doom
Contributor
Reaction score
Slayer for sure, Kerry King is a thrash metal guitarist god imo

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
I had a hard time picking between Dark Angel and Testament... I ended up taking testament

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love Testament, Anthrax and Slayer a LOT. But Dark Angel needs some respect.

The "Time Does Not Heal" album used to come with a sticker that said "9 songs. 67 Minutes. 246 Riffs".

Did you count them all? If so, how were you able to do so while headbanging the whole time?

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I voted Megadeth.

I'm not familiar with any of Sep's pre-Beneath the Remains work....but I do feel that BtR is just an awesome blend of raw/tech/prog/thrash/death

')