Vote, or forever be damned!

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fav. Thrash Band

• Megadeth

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Anthrax

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Slayer

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Metallica

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Testament

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Dark Angel

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • KREATOR RAAAAAAH! EXTREEEEME AGGRESSSSSSION!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Megadeth. The world's state of the art speed metal band.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
alex skolnick trumps all. the quintessential thrash guitarist ... now only if he'd play thrash

Reaction score
i'll go for testament, tallica, slayer! Testament rules, now with skolnick and nick barker!

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Megadeth beats Metallica by a significant margin for me. I've never really heard any Testament or Dark Angel; I'll have to check it out.

For Anthrax (Ian) fans: Check out the video for "Metal By Numbers" -- parodies the "Peace Sells" music video :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Megadeth beats Metallica by a significant margin for me. I've never really heard any Testament or Dark Angel; I'll have to check it out.

You've never heard any Testament? Check out these songs for a starter: "Over The Wall," "The New Order," "Practice What You Preach," "Electric Crown," and a bunch more. You can find most of these videos on youtube.

Over The Wall (video) - YouTube - Testament - Over The Wall
The New Order (live) - YouTube - Testament - The New Order (Live in London DVD)

For Anthrax (Ian) fans: Check out the video for "Metal By Numbers" -- parodies the "Peace Sells" music video :lol:

Uh, dude, that was a parody of "Peace Sells" by MEGADETH, not Anthrax. :noplease:

("Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" was Megadeth's second album. :squint:)

"Ian" from Anthrax is in that parody music video (as the rhythm guitarist, I believe), but they don't parody anything by Anthrax in the video.

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
Testament in first place because of the album with the song OVER THE WALL .
And where is EXODUS in this thread they made awesome thrash metal in the 80's and are still going strong ..:)

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Uh, dude, that was a parody of "Peace Sells" by MEGADETH, not Anthrax. :noplease:

("Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" was Megadeth's second album. :squint:)

"Ian" from Anthrax is in that parody music video (as the rhythm guitarist, I believe), but they don't parody anything by Anthrax in the video.

Scott Ian plays guitar on that song. I think thats what he wants anthrax fans to look at it ;p

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Scott Ian plays guitar on that song. I think thats what he wants anthrax fans to look at it ;p

Re-read the dude's post. He thought the middle of the song was a parody of "Peace Sells by Anthrax" (and I was saying "Peace Sells" is by Megadeth - not Anthrax). And stuff...

EDIT: I just wanted to add that "Extreme Aggression" is an awesome song (off an awesome album). I really like Kreator, but I wouldn't put them in my top 3 thrash bands (probably in the top 5, though).

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
:lol:

Trust me, I know Megadeth played Peace Sells, I voted for them.

I said for Anthrax (Ian) fans to check it out because Scott Ian played guitar in the video.

:yesway: to Metal Ken for figuring it out.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I liked all the Kreator stuff upto and including Extreme Aggression (well, mainly just "Betrayer", the rest of that album bored me). Can't stand anything they've done since then though.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
See, I'm just a Kreator fan-boy. Vio-lence and Kreator were the first 2 thrash bands I ever heard, before Metallica, or Slayer, or Megadeth.

I consider Coma Of Souls to be the pinnacle of the original Thrash era. Enemy of God makes the 2 latest Megadeth CDs sound like Bon Jovi.

Kreator and Exodus are almost the only real Thrash bands left. The big names have all fallen into the trash bin for me. Anthrax has hope, if they can go back to the older writing style. Testament has a chance, if they can do some new material instead of another "Best of".

')